For how long will Microsoft Band / Health be supported?

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I guess no one knows, but what do you think?

Since Microsoft canceled the Band 3 and removed the Band SDK the future doesn't look too bright. The Health dashboard / Band app outage didn't seem to get any priority from MS and some day the services will be permanently shutdown, the question is only when?

I'm happy with the Band 2 features and the Android app. The swimming support in Band 3 would have been awesome.

But since my third Band 2 now is starting to crack and the warranty is over, and the app hasn't been able to sync with the server for five days, I guess it's time to look elsewhere.

It feels like the Xbox One Fitness all over again. A great "game" / workout app with amazing Kinect support (heart rate, muscle power, balance etc.) and features you couldn't find elsewhere. It had so much much potential but only survived a couple of years before it was completely shut down.

marchius

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Had exactly same question in mind...
My second band also just cracked. And the app (Android) started not to sync (from last Friday) phone motion data (use both the band and phone motion data). tried uninstalling and etc. but did not help. May be MS already starts shutting down parts of the app services?
Thought that will switch to something new after the band will dye completely. But it looks even if band will still be working will switch due to app not syncing part of data...

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Had exactly same question in mind...
My second band also just cracked. And the app (Android) started not to sync (from last Friday) phone motion data (use both the band and phone motion data). tried uninstalling and etc. but did not help. May be MS already starts shutting down parts of the app services?
Thought that will switch to something new after the band will dye completely. But it looks even if band will still be working will switch due to app not syncing part of data...

That's when it stopped syncing for me too, or at least the app says it has not synced, but it seems like it transfer most data to the server anyway.

marchius

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
If same time for you too, means something should have changed with the server services on MS side... No sense for me to try to fix on my side.
Will buy garmin vivoactive 3 as soon it will be available here... Should be good replacement.

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I have also been looking at the Garmin Vivoactive 3. I tried the Vivoactive HR for a while but in the end I returned it. It was a little too big to use as a daily watch and I kind of felt there was a successor coming. But it was very nice to be able to track swimming and the battery life was so much better then the Band 2. The Garmin apps on the clock and on the phone/web had a lot of features and customization options, almost too much! But it was very powerful when you finally learned how to use it.

I really like the looks of the Vivoactive 3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)