Will the Band work with the Icon?

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so. We need that BT update even if VZ won't give us Cyan. My brother and I have been using the #verizonhatesmicrosoft tag. feel free to join us.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It requires BT 4.0, so it will not work with the Icon for anything that communicates with the phone directly. It does not come with a USB-dongle for PC connectivity (like Fitbit's devices do) according to the specs, so it seems that it will essentially be useless with the Icon.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
It requires BT 4.0, so it will not work with the Icon for anything that communicates with the phone directly. It does not come with a USB-dongle for PC connectivity (like Fitbit's devices do) according to the specs, so it seems that it will essentially be useless with the Icon.
The power cord/magnetic charger connects to a usb port, which makes me wonder if some data like GPS (.gpx/.fit) can be accessed through PC, just like my Garmin.

I am also concerned about having only BT4.0LE as the only connectivity option listed... Like Icon users, I don't have that on my good old Lumia 810.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The power cord/magnetic charger connects to a usb port, which makes me wonder if some data like GPS (.gpx/.fit) can be accessed through PC, just like my Garmin.

I am also concerned about having only BT4.0LE as the only connectivity option listed... Like Icon users, I don't have that on my good old Lumia 810.

Yeah, if we're lucky it does have syncing capability through USB. i really doubt it though, it's not meant to be used like that at all and I think investing time and money in that functionality would basically be a waste for them. The Fitbit doesn't have USB syncing either.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

You can thank Verizon for that, the cyan firmware update adds bluetooth4.0LE

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
If we go back to 8.0 we lose Cortana. I am not willing to do that. I ordered one. If we don't get word in a couple of days, I can return it.

The lack of this Cyan update just got real ugly.

bunnyfox

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I switched to Verizon recently and now I really regret it. Bought the Icon, and I'm so disappointed that they wont give the Cyan update.

DrFate

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 928 running the latest Developer Preview on Verizon and I just purchased the Microsoft Band. My phone does connect to it during the initial setup when setting up the Band, but afterwards, it will not stay connected with the Band. It does see it as a paired device though.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I hope someone answers the question posed in the thread "How does it connect then? With regular Bluetooth?", because the Icon definitely does NOT connect to my Fitbit that uses Bluetooth LE.

deejohdumb

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
This is so ridiculous. The Icon was supposed to be Iconic. What's the point of having the best of everything in a flagship if you can't use them?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go to the Microsoft "store" (really just a mall booth setup here) today and check for myself if it works with my Icon. :) If it does, I might pull the trigger right away. I have a really hard time believing that it does though.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Its not going to work until we get BT LE enabled with Cyan, same way my Fitbit Flex wont work with my Icon but is fine with the M8

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The icon has turned out to be a very bad decision at this point. Going to dump for the new Motorola Turbo. Enough is enough.
I'd wait it our another two or three weeks, I think we are likely to see the update soon. Nothing worse than dropping all that money for 3 weeks of benefit, assuming that is your only gripe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs