Does anyone have it in their hand (wrist) yet?

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I want impressions from someone that actually bought it! Granted it's only been available for an hour and a half, but I'm inpatient.

jfdavis17

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have one on my wrist, still figuring it out but so far it very nice, it is far better vivofit and fitbit flex. The only issue I have found that I don't like is that you have to push a button to see the time. It does not appear to stay lit. Of course I may just not know how to set it to do so yet.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I have one on my wrist, still figuring it out but so far it very nice, it is far better vivofit and fitbit flex. The only issue I have found that I don't like is that you have to push a button to see the time. It does not appear to stay lit. Of course I may just not know how to set it to do so yet.

That's kind of lame. Let us know if the time is able to stay on constantly. I would assume that it would affect battery life.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

According to the microsoft band website there is an option in watch mode that you could set to always show time instead of switching off the screen. Not sure how it should work though.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I have one and so far it is great! Also there is an option to keep hat time on at all times. It does seem to scratch fairly easily though :/

Did you get a screen protector when you bought one? Didn't have any at my store but said they'll call when they get them in.

For the band itself, so far it seems good. Went for a walk and seemed to count my steps accurately as I checked it and its nice the way the hearbeat icon animates when you view it. Had a few notifications on my phone that didn't show up on the band but still monitoring that. Overall seems a pretty cool gadget to go with my WP, works well for me.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Being a serious-ish runner, I'd have to ask this: Can anyone try out how long a full charge will last with just GPS tracking on a run??? That's gonna be what'll really convince me to buy it. Anything less than 3.5hrs will be disappointing to me... Training runs and full races can last longer. I know, I know, I can try going faster to save battery power. Lol. I'm no Olympian. Hahaha

noirsoft

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Got mine an hour ago. Still playing, though I did stop by Starbucks and tried out the paying. It worked, but the scanner at this SB was vertical, so I had to take off the Band to get it to register. The guy behind the counter asked me if it was the Apple Watch. :)

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just enable watch mode in the band settings. then the watch is constantly on without he full screen draining your battery. It is like Glance screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99