Music control

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey did what about stone extra features like playback control from the wrist??

Yeah I just noticed that actually... Shouldn't be too hard to implement in a future update... It could integrate with XBM eventually. Personally I can't use Cortana with high accuracy in terms of voice recognition because I don't have an American accent :p

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Would be great when wearing regular headphones, but every headphone I have (3 wired and 1 Bluetooth) already has music controls on them. I think it's a very small group of people that would use it, but it would be nice in some situations so I hope it can be implemented somehow.

Brendan Dooley

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Unbelievable oversight from Microsoft here. How did they manage to drop the ball on simply media controls? For an otherwise incredibly well realized device, they're gonna make you talk to your wrist to simply change the track or volume? And only for Windows Phone users? Hopefully that's delivered in a software update asap.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Unbelievable oversight from Microsoft here. How did they manage to drop the ball on simply media controls?

I can see a lot of updates coming in the near future. It's the way Microsoft has been approaching all their devices and software lately and especially when they say the device is US only until they judge the reaction and sales. I think they wanted to get a high quality device out into the market, get their Health service up and running and then, if people like it, they can pump out more features based on the feedback they get.

It's an annoyance that the music controls aren't there but I wouldn't be too worried just yet.

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Would be great when wearing regular headphones, but every headphone I have (3 wired and 1 Bluetooth) already has music controls on them. I think it's a very small group of people that would use it, but it would be nice in some situations so I hope it can be implemented somehow.

I don't agree..i think alot of people will be pleased by having music controls in their wrist...

actionresult

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Many great in-ear headphones do not have these type of controls. Also some of those that have are not always compatible with every phone/OS out there

Jephren Perez

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Though the headphone button controls are great for those who have them, they are very limited and not all headphones have them.

Plus, adding things like repeat/shuffle or showing "Now Playing" would be a nice touch. A "previous" button would be helpful, and being able to scroll my playlists would be great (I can't always speak aloud to have Cortana launch one), and saving a step by not.

I hope they add a uservoice site for the Band soon!

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to install music on the device? Or how does that work? I can use the buttons on my bluetooth device so im not too worried about that but I have been curious as to whether or not we can add music to it and how.

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
No, you cannot download music to the Band. In fact, you can't download anything to the Band.

Appreciate your response as this is a deciding factor for me, is there any other way to play music through the device even though we cant download to it?

pkadare

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
There are neither speakers nor a headphone jack so no, you cannot play music through the device. You can use Cortana's voice controls to control the XBox Music app on your Windows Phone through the Band, but the music plays on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss