Loving my band!

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow, really? I am now curious. What service provider are you on? This seems very odd to me because a lot of vital services depend on GSM towers maintaining correct time
O2 in the UK. Perhaps most people do not realise the time is off by so much as they have nothing to compare it with? I use a radio-control watch (Casio Waveceptor) so I know for sure.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a trick to choose to only notify for emails to a specific account? I see the VIP feature in the notification settings for the email tile, but you have to manually enter senders to be notified for, and you can only enter up to 10 of them. Perhaps right now email notifications (other than the VIP thing) are an all or nothing proposition, but I hope in the future they allow us to select which accounts send notifications to the Band.

Good point, I definitely agree. I link my work and private e-mail addresses on my phone but turned off the e-mail notifications to the Band after a while because I do not need to see or read the enormous number of routine (and probably battery draining) business e-mails it was pushing to my phone. I would though, very much like to see e-mails send to my private account.

Upstate Dunadan

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to limit email based on whether you are working out or not? I have 3 different email accounts on my phone, plus work. When I'm working out I would only need to see email from VIP list (my boss (and their boss) and my wife/kid. Everything else can wait till after my workout. All other times, I wouldn't want to limit. Seems down the road supporting some type of group controls would be good.

kayb27

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It'd be great if there were a Windows 8.1 app and also a website that could show all your stats, etc. Tried the sleep monitor last night. Seems accurate. Although I tried sharing the data with my friends and had to screenshot. Might be a good feature to add to the app later on.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Loving mine. Set it all up, and getting all my notifications off an IOS device.

Did one of the inbuilt workouts. Left my phone in the house while doing the workout, and it worked perfectly.

Not sure how if it integrates with MSN Health app or HealthVault, so I can track my food intake as well. Sure it will in the future.
Healthvault was disconnected from the MSN Health & Fitness app a little while ago, so I would assume that it's the MSN Health website that will keep this data, since it already does for the app.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Is there a way to limit email based on whether you are working out or not? I have 3 different email accounts on my phone, plus work. When I'm working out I would only need to see email from VIP list (my boss (and their boss) and my wife/kid. Everything else can wait till after my workout. All other times, I wouldn't want to limit. Seems down the road supporting some type of group controls would be good.

​You can disable alerts temporarily in Settings.

S640

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Good point, I definitely agree. I link my work and private e-mail addresses on my phone but turned off the e-mail notifications to the Band after a while because I do not need to see or read the enormous number of routine (and probably battery draining) business e-mails it was pushing to my phone. I would though, very much like to see e-mails send to my private account.

That's exactly my situation. I would like to see notifications on the Band for my personal email, but not for my synced work email (just as it's set up on my phone.)

One trick might be to use some combination of email rules/filters with IFTTT and/or a second proxy email account.

That would probably do it, but I'm hoping before long they integrate that into the settings to it's as easy as a few taps of the screen.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

This is a great idea. They really should set up a uservoice page asap so people can share these kind of things!

kayb27

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure other notifications are 'muted' by the band during sleep mode, but does anyone know if it'll alert you for pre-existing alarms or do you have to set up a new alarm from the band?

crelim

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

On android I have in the past set filters on what notifications (based on email accounts and senders) are pushed to the notification center. TO the best of my knowledge, most notification-wrist-devices and such depend on the phone's OS to tell it what a notification is. On my iOS, I pretty much have binary control, its either in notification center (and consequently on my band) or not while on Android the OS (well, rooted) allows any degree of control.

Short answer: I am yet to come across a setting where notifications are further filtered via the smartwatch/band's phone app.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
One thing you can do is go to outlook.com and set up rules for folders for different emails. When an email is automatically directed to a folder other than Inbox it will not show up as a notification in Windows Phone. EDIT: It could also be about which folders are synced, I guess. I just know that for me only the Inbox ones show as notifications, but I don't have the others synced. Either way, might be a workaround.

bananacake

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
For indoor cycling I have been just selecting the workout tile "the one that says, yoga, weights whatever your workout" and use that to log my HR. If you want outdoor cycling, I would use it in the run mode for now since the data it collects would still be very similar (GPS track + HR) and on top you can export the data (via connected apps). You can then re-import that data to your favorite cycling pp like TrainingPeaks.

Is the band or app able to collect data from bluetooth sensors?

(I assume that ANT+ is probably not possible at all - but maybe on in the future on compatible phones?)

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having data issues with the app today? My walking and calories both have data on the band, but show zero on the home page in the app. If I click on, there is data but it is limited. I tried reinstalling the app but nothing changed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel