What happens when you press the Cortana button while paired to a iPhone?

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly, the Cortana button only works on Windows Phones. As much as I'd rather have some additional functions other phones don't get, I think they need to make it launch Siri. I have an iPhone 5s I'm testing out, so I might give it a go later to confirm.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly, the Cortana button only works on Windows Phones. As much as I'd rather have some additional functions other phones don't get, I think they need to make it launch Siri. I have an iPhone 5s I'm testing out, so I might give it a go later to confirm.

Thanks! I was hoping someone would have a iPhone that could check for me. I would think it would work just like any other Bluetooth device.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

AFAIK they can't have it launch Siri as the Companion app would need to plug into Siri, wouldn't it?

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
AFAIK they can't have it launch Siri as the Companion app would need to plug into Siri, wouldn't it?

It depends how the Band is connected up, it could possibly just work with the BT headset profile or something OS level like that and launch Siri just like headphones or radio/steering wheel controls do.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon