Just bought the band and I can't get Cortana to work. It also doesn't seem to keep a bluetooth connection!!! Help
    10-30-2014 03:25 PM
    I don't think you are supposed to have a constant Bluetooth connection, just pairing. But I'm not a reliable source since Cortana doesn't work on my 1520 either.
    10-30-2014 03:38 PM
    Just updated to developer preview and it seems to be working now. At first I dint think it was working but once I forced a sync once, the connection seems to stay on (bluetooth symbol stays lit up)...

Also after joining dev preview, I now have the option to see facebook, email, twitter, notification center updates.
    10-30-2014 03:50 PM
    although the health app prompted me to do so, I am not using developer preview, so that must be it. I am in fact missing the extra tiles like Cortana, facebook, notification center, email, etc
    10-30-2014 04:31 PM
    I'm having the same issue, but I don't want to join the Developer Preview just to address this problem with the Bluetooth. Is there any other solution?

Someone at the Microsoft Store suggested doing a factory reset, but I don't want to go through all that if it won't help fix this issue.
    10-30-2014 04:54 PM
    Sorry can't help you there. Didn't spend too much time with it being partially functional.

I got say, I'm using Cortana much more now. Have the convenience of adding reminders by only talking into my wrist is really convenient. I think it's much more accurate too since I'm so close to the mic when I give it commands.
    10-30-2014 09:08 PM
    Just bought the band and I can't get Cortana to work. It also doesn't seem to keep a bluetooth connection!!! Help
    I have the Lumia1520 and have the exact same problem. Did you resolve it?
    10-31-2014 08:50 PM
    I have the Lumia1520 and have the exact same problem. Did you resolve it?
    Sounds like a soft phone rest worked for some people. I joined dev preview and it solved my problem. Joining dev preview also gave me more tiles too.
    11-01-2014 01:04 PM
    The MS Band system requirements page specifically says you need WP8.1 Update for it to work correctly. If you're phone hasn't been updated with Update 1, it will not work correctly. You have to wait for carrier approval or upgrade through the Developer Preview program.

Microsoft Band system requirements | Compatible phones for Microsoft Band and Microsoft Health app
    11-01-2014 01:22 PM
    The same thing happened to me the first time. The setup went successfully but the Bluetooth connection kept dropping. None of the notifications worked. Then I reset the band, removed the profile from the app, retried the whole setup and it now works beautifully.
    11-01-2014 08:24 PM