04-25-2015 03:16 AM
166 12345 ...
tools
    Just wanna confirm. My steps are now working :)
    Does anyone know if the step counter is done with the built in GPS?
    11-11-2014 02:41 PM
    Just wanna confirm. My steps are now working :)
    Does anyone know if the step counter is done with the built in GPS?
    No, GPS and steps are recorded in run mode. Otherwise GPS remains off to save battery.
    11-11-2014 09:29 PM
    I need an US iTunes Account. Does anybody know how to get one without billing Information? I just need it to download the MS Heath App.
    11-11-2014 11:06 PM
    I need an US iTunes Account. Does anybody know how to get one without billing Information? I just need it to download the MS Heath App.
    Better ask in iPhone forums.
    11-12-2014 02:31 AM
    Yey i got my band this morning... All setup and ready to rock and roll just waiting for it to finish charging.
    11-12-2014 03:55 AM
    Yey i got my band this morning... All setup and ready to rock and roll just waiting for it to finish charging.
    Be careful without a screenguard. Even rubbing with a cloth will scratch the screen,
    11-12-2014 09:22 AM
    I am in the UK but have friends in the US. If I asked one of them to buy me the band, how would I go about sending them the money? Not sure how to transfer money to the US.
    11-12-2014 11:07 AM
    I am in the UK but have friends in the US. If I asked one of them to buy me the band, how would I go about sending them the money? Not sure how to transfer money to the US.
    Get their SWIFT code and contact your bank.
    Snow Wight likes this.
    11-12-2014 11:54 AM
    Have decided to go with PayPal. My friend will get it for me when back in stock. Time to retire my Fitbit?
    11-12-2014 12:55 PM

Lol I was just about to ask this question! There must be a way.

I really wanna get this set up on my works iPhone so that I can use the iPhone MFP app and link my steps from my band.
    11-12-2014 03:20 PM
    Ok iv worked it out...

You will need an alternative email address and You must follow this from 1 otherwise you wont get the "None" option within the credit card area.

1. Go to the app store and click on Featured

2. Scroll to the bottom and click on your apple I'd and sign out

3. Now sign in creating a new account with your new email and selected United States as your country

4. At the terms and conditions hit accept then at the top hit cancel to exit the setup process.

5. A message will appear saying you are in the US store and if you want to change back to your country store. Hit cancel as you want to stay in US store.

6. Now your in the US store search Microsoft Fitness or what ever FREE app you want to download

7. Click on that app and you will be asked to sign in

8. Click on create new option

9. Again go through the process of setting up your new account with your new email and selecting united states as your country.

10. Use a proper US address I just found one on the internet. It was a company but who cares

11. When prompt for a credit card click none and proceed.

You now have a US account ๐Ÿ˜
    11-12-2014 04:30 PM
    Ok iv worked it out...

You will need an alternative email address and You must follow this from 1 otherwise you wont get the "None" option within the credit card area.

1. Go to the app store and click on Featured

2. Scroll to the bottom and click on your apple I'd and sign out

3. Now sign in creating a new account with your new email and selected United States as your country

4. At the terms and conditions hit accept then at the top hit cancel to exit the setup process.

5. A message will appear saying you are in the US store and if you want to change back to your country store. Hit cancel as you want to stay in US store.

6. Now your in the US store search Microsoft Fitness or what ever FREE app you want to download

7. Click on that app and you will be asked to sign in

8. Click on create new option

9. Again go through the process of setting up your new account with your new email and selecting united states as your country.

10. Use a proper US address I just found one on the internet. It was a company but who cares

11. When prompt for a credit card click none and proceed.

You now have a US account ๐Ÿ˜
    What about all the apps you got from your original aaccount?
    11-12-2014 09:48 PM
    What about all the apps you got from your original aaccount?

It didn't affect them. As soon as I downloaded the app I switched my account back to my home account. All apps work and nothing has been deleted
    11-12-2014 11:39 PM
    Just got mine, arrived yesterday here in Western Australia. I have my win8.1 phone set to US region so its all good with cortana. Anyway, one thing I find strange during setup is the zip code. You will not be able to continue with the initial setup of the band if you enter in an invalid zip code but its an optional field so you can just leave it blank. Another thing I've noticed during setup is that you cannot change your preference yet at this stage so entering your weight and height will be in imperial system (lbs, feet). Once setup is complete you can then change your preference to use the metric system. Everything seems to work as it should but my one concern is the price. Mine cost me $US450 for a large size band and I got a small size band for my wife for $US550. Got them under auction in ebay. It would be great if Microsoft can just shut-up and take my money so we don't have to go through third party vendors. But, I guess that's how big companies are, they have so much money that they cant just shut-up and take mine.
    11-13-2014 01:14 AM
    hey I heard there is a problem with the umalot charecters in the band..and it will show squares instead..i have a lot of Hebrew and it's not showing me this too so u encountered something like this too In german?
    11-13-2014 05:07 AM
    it recognize indian languages in notifications?
    11-13-2014 05:09 AM
    Just remember that if you buy/get apps from an alternative store, you will have to log back into that store to download updates, as the app is registered to the alternative id and location. (from experience )
    Snow Wight likes this.
    11-13-2014 07:09 AM
    No, it doesn't show any characters other than regular Latin English characters, everything else shows up as squares. Can't blame MS, they aren't selling this outside the US yet.
    11-13-2014 10:03 AM
    No, it doesn't show any characters other than regular Latin English characters, everything else shows up as squares. Can't blame MS, they aren't selling this outside the US yet.
    I think it's really a server side update that they can implement in an hour,I really hope they will change it soon
    11-13-2014 11:44 AM
    I think its a band firmware thing.
    11-13-2014 01:10 PM
    do you think it'll come near future?
    11-13-2014 01:31 PM
    Just got mine, arrived yesterday here in Western Australia. I have my win8.1 phone set to US region so its all good with cortana. Anyway, one thing I find strange during setup is the zip code. You will not be able to continue with the initial setup of the band if you enter in an invalid zip code but its an optional field so you can just leave it blank. Another thing I've noticed during setup is that you cannot change your preference yet at this stage so entering your weight and height will be in imperial system (lbs, feet). Once setup is complete you can then change your preference to use the metric system. Everything seems to work as it should but my one concern is the price. Mine cost me $US450 for a large size band and I got a small size band for my wife for $US550. Got them under auction in ebay. It would be great if Microsoft can just shut-up and take my money so we don't have to go through third party vendors. But, I guess that's how big companies are, they have so much money that they cant just shut-up and take mine.
    Oh god ... thats like double the asking price :s
    BADM0USE likes this.
    11-13-2014 01:45 PM
    So my US friend is on stand by. Any idea when the online store will have more stock?
    11-14-2014 11:43 AM
    It'll be back in stock in the online store starting 1300 EST folks, get it while it lasts.
    Last edited by slyronit; 11-17-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    jojoe42 likes this.
    11-17-2014 07:20 PM
    It'll be back in stock in the online store starting 1300 EST folks, get it while it lasts.
    I'll be getting up at 7am local time to buy this thing!! How did people buy it from overseas? Will an international paypal work? Weirdly, they won't let me use my VISA card (which has a billing address outside the US with the US address of the postage forwarding service)
    11-18-2014 02:35 AM
166 12345 ...