Own or buying the MSFT Band outside of USA

Cruzebe

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I live in Belgium Europe to get the MS health app on my Lumia 925 (Win8.1 Cyan Dev preview)I had to change my phone's regional settings in to USA and the Band works fine but when I want to buy an other app from the store I can't use paypal or my Creditcard anymore , it has something to do with the regional settings and with the tax regulations of each country I guess . So if I want to buy an app I have to chance the regional settings in to Belgium and it works back . so each time I want to buy an app now I have to change the regional settings , and if I want the Band work properly i change it back to US . I hope MS will release the Band in Europe soon .

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
How much did it cost all up? Do they physically go into a store and buy it for you?

Yes they go to a physical store to buy one for you. $40 for doing this. It is not like the youshop in NZ only receive and transfer goods from online shops.

The total amount I've paid is USD301. This includes the costs of a band, tax in US, bigapplebuddy service fee, Fedex fee (2-4 days delivery) and 4.2% paypal fee. Just ask them to give you a quote.

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Great concept by big apple buddy. Contacted then last night but they said the medium band is out of stock in the shop now. :( i did ponder the large but too worried it wouldn't fit even though there must be a level of overlap between the sizes.

EDIT. decided to order the large as my wrist is 19cm circumference. So thanks to the post above about 18 being smallest of the large settings.

Last edited:

psyfreaki

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
i've also ordered mine today from bigapplebuddy. indeed Christmas comes early for my as well :p
whoever posted info about bigapplebuddy... thank you

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I've also just ordered today from bigapplebuddy. Have to say the service received so far via email is superb, very friendly, very helpful, just hoping MS don't sell out now!

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Probably the shipping companies ramping up to deal with holiday shopping demand around this time

She's really lucky. My band had just been sent out when she paid. Her band has arrived UK now, but my band has only came to Hawaii. I'm using Fedex the fastest one.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
She's really lucky. My band had just been sent out when she paid. Her band has arrived UK now, but my band has only came to Hawaii. I'm using Fedex the fastest one.

FedEx is generally quite quick to NZ - even on Economy, I shipped a package from Texas on a Tuesday and I had it arrive on the Friday morning!!

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
FedEx is generally quite quick to NZ - even on Economy, I shipped a package from Texas on a Tuesday and I had it arrive on the Friday morning!!

Ooops. The FedEx tracking shows "7:00 pm Shipment exception ALEXANDRIA AU Improper or missing international paperwork, contact Customer Service".

The band sent to New Zealand has been stopped by the Australian Customer Service. What a pain in the ***!!

pratishk

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Got mine this morning, no customs charges that I am aware of, wearing it now... Loving it but getting used to wearing it, I have the small and a little tight for now, but going to wear it in...

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Got mine having waited in all day, only to discover at 18:20 that it was delivered to a neighbour at 10 am. No card through my door and they didn't update the tracking until after 18:00. Luckily I was able to work out which neighbour! No customs charge. It is a thing of beauty!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro