Install problems: Zagg screen protector on MS Band

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Well my band comes on Friday and I already have the protector. I have NO experience and so........ maybe I'll just return everything without even bothering to fail. All you experienced people could not do well so I should punt!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I installed it today and followed the instructions. Worked fine other than the screen is a little recessed and so you get a tiny air gap along those edges.

tafb

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Well my band comes on Friday and I already have the protector. I have NO experience and so........ maybe I'll just return everything without even bothering to fail. All you experienced people could not do well so I should punt!

Way too cool to return. You should definitely try it out. Just have someone hold the band when you apply the screen protector or figure out a way to secure the band in a vertical position so that you can use both hands to align the screen protector. I also suggest that you start applying it at the end where the sensors are located (where the two prongs are on the screen protector that go along the top and the bottom of the sensors on the screen). Get those two prongs aligned first and then apply towards the other side. I think that part of the high failure rate is some people (like me) not realizing how sticky the adhesive is and thinking that the screen protector could be pulled off and readjusted if the alignment was not spot on the first time.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. I couldn't get the actual screen protector to stick and the yellow part to lift up gracefully. The end results were horrible, with numerous bubbles around the edges. See image 1. However, the next day I woke up to find that it had repaired itself. All is good now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The install process was a bit weird--the screen protector had already stuck itself to the Band, but I couldn't comprehend how the yellow part came into play. So I just peeled the yellow part off an the protector was on it... had one big bubble that I couldn't get out and one stretched part that I over smoothed, but in 2 days it self healed and it looks perfect now. I'm spoiled by the bestskinsever.com products, they have the wet install and it seems easier. Anyway, just glad to have the protector for no extra charge.

-m

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

When I got my band last Friday, I took a chance putting on the band myself. Followed the directions and got 4 large bubbles, one in each corner of the faceplate. Waited for them disappear. Yea, I smoothed, and smoothed, and smoothed. Two of the four got much smaller.

Today I bit the hour travel time bullet, and went to the MS at a nearby mall. Had a new protector on without bubbles in 3 minutes, free of charge. It should have come with that protector already installed.

BADM0USE

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
WP_20141112_003.jpg
Here's mine, didn't go well the first time around but you can always remove it and try again. Just make sure you wash it with water before you put it back

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Even though this screen protector was a nightmare to install, it is one of the best screen protectors if you do get it to install. My band bangs against the laptop and desk all day and there's no sign of damage at all

javaruck

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I botched the installation of my Zagg protector as well. I ordered the Amorsuit screen protector for the band from Amazon and it installs perfectly. Much better than Zagg for ease of installation and it looks great with no bubbles, etc.

javaruck

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
The Armorsuit protector has 3 cutouts for the microphone and sensors. I've encountered no issues with functionality after installing it. I can't verify the Mic since I'm an iPhone user but the cutouts are sized and positioned perfectly.

kneeldug

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I've applied dozens of protectors, but this one did not work well. Big bubbles around the screen and the edges never adhered.
It fell off as soon as it could.
I will go back to the store and have them do the next one, I guess. From what I could tell, something wasn't right about either the Band or the Zagg.

David Mathews2

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if we even need protectors. Sure it's going to scratch but by the time it gets that bad new technology will be out and this one will end up in the bottom if my junk drawer.

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I gave up and threw it away. I guess I'll take my chances. Plus, I bought the warranty, so I can always drop it and get a new one 😃

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05