Install problems: Zagg screen protector on MS Band

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
No problem at all applying it in my case, but after less than two months it's peeling off at the corners already. There are many other brands making Band protectors now. I've ordered a box of Skinomi, I'll see how that works.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I gave up and threw it away. I guess I'll take my chances. Plus, I bought the warranty, so I can always drop it and get a new one 😃

I had the MS guys install mine, and I'm glad I did. I've already got marks on my screen protector from it rubbing against the railing of our steps.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm now on my second screen protector in a little over a month. The first one kept peeling up starting from where the two little tabs are around the sensors. That one was installed by an MS employee. This second one I installed myself, and it is starting to do the same thing. I might have to check out one of the other brands to see if they stay down better.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I got lucky but I installed the screen protector in about three minutes, with no real problems and no prep beyond washing my hands and wiping off the Band.

PhalanxPunx

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I had too had the people at the Microsoft store put the screen protector on for me as I am terrible at that kind of thing (hands shake to much). There were numerous bubbles afterwards but by the time I drove home all but two were gone. I used the cardboard that the screen came in and rubbed them out in about 2 minutes. Looks awesome now. I had already accumulated numerous micro-scratches but now I can't see them with the protector on.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Band yesterday, got the screen protector for free...

Just put it on the Band now, but before I did, I trimmed both sides of the protector, so it only sits on the flat part of the display, not on the curved parts. I knew that eventually the curve would make the protector peel. So it sits flat, just covering the display, and managed to get it on with no bubbles or dust.

Not sure if that is the best solution, but it worked for me... for now....

Dima Habenko

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
If you are bad at dry installation, try Armor protector. It's only $8 at Amazon and has wet installation, which is super easy to properly align and remove any dust particles or air bubbles. Unfortunately, due to how the display is curved at the ends, no matter what protector you will install, it would peel off at the corners sooner or later.

Todd Smith7

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I got mine installed with one finger smudge on the side that's off screen so it didn't matter but in just two weeks the corners are peeling! What a piece of crap! I will not buy another Zagg product, will go with another brand.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I am on my second protector, both were installed by a Microsoft employee perfectly lol. I scratched my first one on a countertop I was removing out of our kitchen.

The employee was saying that these are the hardest protectors to put on.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
No problem at all applying it in my case, but after less than two months it's peeling off at the corners already. There are many other brands making Band protectors now. I've ordered a box of Skinomi, I'll see how that works.

Hi - how did it go with the Skinomi protectors - any feedback worth sharing?

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I went to the Amorsuit protector slick as glass, super easy to install no bubblies guaranteed for life can not say enough about it and I never could install a screen protector but this one was like nothing was put on the screen.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
No experience with the Skinomi. I'm about three weeks in with the Armorsuit, so far so good. It certainly went on a lot better than the Zagg. Honestly, with the design of the Band, I don't think any protector is going to last a really long time without the edges curling.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Its been about 2 weeks for me and I'm very happy so far went on super easy and no bubbles Nothing curling here yet but if it does the shield and the body armor are both guaranteed so I'm not worried.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My original Zagg started to peel of after three two and a half months use from the corner next to light sensor. I went and orded Protomax pro-eye protector, which is actually just covering the plastic parts but not the actual display. It went on pretty easily (sticky dry).

The pack contained two protectors, a wet wipe, dust magnet, microfabric wipe, a couple of applicators if you don't want to touch with fingers and instructions. If the screen is hard glass, as I suppose it is, this might actually be a pretty good compromise. If it is as soft plastic as the frame is, I will have a problem within a week. I'll tell what happens..

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The thing that really p's me off with these screen protectors is the lifting of the corners, eventually necessitating removal and fitting of a new one. I've had to replace the Armoursuit twice and now the Skinomi needs changing too.

BLAIR GILGALLON

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
These Zagg screen protectors are a PITA. I discovered having bought one from Best Buy and trying to fit it that there are two protector shaped pieces. One must be a dust cover for the actual protector before install and the other, stuck on to the yellow part , is the actual protector.

I tried for 10 minutes to get what i thought was the protector to install on the band but the two protrusions on the protector that allow the mic to work wouldn't stay down nor would the other end ot the protector. I took it off in disgust and a i was packing up the opened parts in the box i discovered that the actual screen protector was still attached to the yellow part of the packaging. I peeled it off and wet it down and it installed without an issue. I may not be the only one who's tried to install the wrong part. Of course the detailed installation instructions from Zagg really helped NOT!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon