Calller ID not working?

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For whatever reason, my Band is showing incoming calls but it only shows the phone numbe not the contact name. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, how did you resolve it? Thanks!

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I have narrowed it down more specifically...

If the phone screen is off, the Band shows the number. If the screen is on, it shows the name.

Does no one else have this issue?

Is anyone using the Band with an HTC One M8 with Windows and seeing their contact names for phone calls every time?

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine today and this was one of the first things I tested. You are right about the inconsistent data displayed when connected to a M8. Called my cell 7 times and got a name twice. Once with screen on and once with dot screen closed and off. But could not predictably repeat.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't dug into the issue like you have, but I have noticed that its usually just the number...good catch on the screen tie in...I'll test it.

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I believe it is a Bluetooth issue. If I have the Health App open, I can sometimes get the name ID. But even that is not consistent.
I gave the app full permission to run without limitations, and removed all but maybe 3 others from the background. Still get the number most of the time.

I repaired thinking that the first was not the best. Still no real progress. I call this a bug.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 with Cyan and 8.1 Update and names have been showing up since day 1.

Are you sure you don't have the same phone number stored under multiple names (even if they are linked together)?

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually tried making a new contact without any linked connection, and it still usually showed the number. A common thread would seem to be that those with the issue are on Verizon.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had zero issues with this and bought day one. Names have showed up and numbers have showed up if I don't have them stored in my phonebook. So weird! My band, thank god, has been working perfectly

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily, since it seems to be multiple devices on Verizon, I'd imagine it's something with the band that needs fixing so wouldn't be reliant on Verizon pushing out a fix.

foofighter#AC

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
This has really been proven handy. I was washing my lunch container at work when the phone rang, the band vibrated and i was able to look to see who was calling without having to pull my phone out of my pocket. That's a PLUS for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo