12-20-2014 06:41 PM
168 12345 ...
tools
    Called my local store today. They let me know they did get a shipment, but it was only enough to take care of 35 people on the back order list. I had them add me to the back order list which put me at number 66. They didn't know when the next shipment would come in or how many would be included. Hopefully it's a bigger shipment next time and they'll get all the way to number 66!

-Skippy
    It seems that stores have been getting shipments of 30-40 bands in each size. What store did you go to? I backordered mine the day after it came out and my store still hasn't called me. I wonder how far on the backorder list I am this Friday will be 2 weeks.
    11-12-2014 09:58 PM
    It seems that stores have been getting shipments of 30-40 bands in each size. What store did you go to? I backordered mine the day after it came out and my store still hasn't called me. I wonder how far on the backorder list I am this Friday will be 2 weeks.
    I called the store in the Roseville Galleria in Roseville, California.

-Skippy
    11-12-2014 10:04 PM
    Scottsdale store got mine in today. I backordered the Monday following launch.
    11-12-2014 11:59 PM
    Got mine last night. I was told that all the Bands they got in are already spoken for (backordered) but their next shipment will be open for sale to anyone as this shipment filled all backorders. This was a "kiosk" type store in Lynnwood, WA, so hopefully the larger stores are getting more in stock and availability will ease up soon!
    11-13-2014 09:56 AM
    Got mine last night. I was one of the hundreds who backordered but begged an employee to put me up on the list, so I'm happy to be one of those who got it'. I ****in love this thing.
    11-13-2014 09:33 PM
    I got mine yesterday!
    11-14-2014 08:02 AM
    Sent my Large back. Debating now whether or not I'll get a medium when they are available again back on-line.
    11-14-2014 04:30 PM
    How are you all able to speak to people in the stores? I always get routed to the call center and only got to the store once like 10 days ago, and I got the sense that guy was doing me a solid.
    11-14-2014 08:10 PM
    Finally got mine today after raising a stink. The store gold me a week but when ask how far don am I on the list they couldn't tell. Finally a smarter store person asked me for the receipt number and he then realized that the kid that took the transaction did it as if I got the Band already.
    Long story short, he went to the back and came out with the band. I got free protection plan for the hassle.
    11-14-2014 09:12 PM
    Well this is a surprise, I had called on Wednesday to get put on the backorder list and I just got a call from the store saying my Band is available for pickup. They must have got a decent sized shipment as I was number 66 on the list. So I have until 9pm tomorrow (Saturday 11/15) to pick it up before it goes into the "first come first served" pile.

-Skippy
    11-14-2014 09:54 PM
    How are you all able to speak to people in the stores? I always get routed to the call center and only got to the store once like 10 days ago, and I got the sense that guy was doing me a solid.
    When I bought my Surface Pro 3, my sales rep attached his card to the paperwork. The number on the card is a direct line to the store.

-Skippy
    11-14-2014 09:55 PM
    They have the call center number as the store number online so they don't get swamped with calls, but if you make a purchase from the store, look at your receipt, it has the store's direct number.
    11-14-2014 10:56 PM
    Got a call today from my local Microsoft store (Glendale, CA). Will be picking up tomorrow. Fina-****in-lly.
    11-15-2014 01:10 AM
    What are the available colors of the Band?
    11-15-2014 03:43 AM
    so far black is the only color
    11-15-2014 06:04 AM
    The store here usually gets their shipments on Thursdays. Not sure if it's like that everywhere. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
    11-15-2014 08:30 AM
    Gah I'm still waiting for online orders to come back...I really want this thing, but I'll be slightly annoyed if I bought one now and then they released a v1.5 version for the international release :P
    11-15-2014 12:45 PM
    Whelp, I visited my store today (Pentagon City in VA) and they are getting a million times better at the stonewalling.

I asked if I could find out where I was on the list, and they said no/they can't tell/they are apparently calling people each day.

I asked if there was a direct line I could call since the call center never has answers about what's going on in the stores. Nope.

I needed something for my Xbox and took someone's suggestion of looking at the phone number on the receipt. Same as the number online.

My annoyance at this situation is ticking up here. This is the first time MS has ever launched a product that is physical (not software/downloadable), mass-market, and only sold by their physical and online stores and it really really shows here. /endrant.
    11-15-2014 01:26 PM
    Whelp, I visited my store today (Pentagon City in VA) and they are getting a million times better at the stonewalling.

I asked if I could find out where I was on the list, and they said no/they can't tell/they are apparently calling people each day.

I asked if there was a direct line I could call since the call center never has answers about what's going on in the stores. Nope.

I needed something for my Xbox and took someone's suggestion of looking at the phone number on the receipt. Same as the number online.

My annoyance at this situation is ticking up here. This is the first time MS has ever launched a product that is physical (not software/downloadable), mass-market, and only sold by their physical and online stores and it really really shows here. /endrant.
    I asked the call center to transfer me to the store I put my preorder in. I said that I have a "specific question about a recent purchase." Once I called I was able to talk to someone who was able to tell me my spot in line. Hope this helps.
    11-15-2014 02:24 PM
    Got a call today from my local Microsoft store (Glendale, CA). Will be picking up tomorrow. Fina-****in-lly.
    The kiosk store in Glendale need to expand itself. IM so glad there is one here in Topanga now. So much closer than Glendale.
    11-15-2014 09:01 PM
    I picked mine up yesterday at the Michigan Ave store in Chicago. I put my name down on the back order list a week ago. Not a bad turnaround.
    11-16-2014 12:07 PM
    Picked mine up today at the Bellevue, WA store. I had been on the backorder list since 10/31.
    11-16-2014 04:16 PM
    Has anyone on the east coast gotten a call? Been on the list since the 31st and havn't heard a word.
    11-17-2014 11:14 AM
    got two large I had backordered Wednesday night in nj at a large mall store

they told me they only received 9 large 7 med
    11-17-2014 12:03 PM
    "Limited availability this Tuesday, November 18 at 1:00 PM EST. Get yours while you can, available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last." -- from Microsoft Store website
    11-17-2014 05:50 PM
168 12345 ...