[BAND] Anyone know when they will be in stock?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, after calling MS Store and getting the call center, they told me the Lexington, KY location has limited stock. So I called them and of course they are filling pre-orders with their limited stock. Went ahead and put my name on the list. When/if she calls to tell me has some for me, I'll have my step-son who just happens to be attending UK, swing by and get them for us. ...Unless she calls while he is home for Thanksgiving break....yeah, that's how my luck pans out.....heck, more likely during his Christmas break.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have my ex girlfriend, who now lives in Indianapolis on the case for me to get 1 back to me here in the UK for Xmas!!

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Sorry everyone. I just got a call from my local MS store about the fact that I got my band. I should have figured it would happen, but they're squaring up the local lists with people who recently got them online (I assume using MS accounts). I'm still a little cross that when it comes to getting people off the lists this way, they're really efficient, and I was able to talk to someone from the store, but when it comes to anything else where corporate and stores have to cooperate, nobody knew anything or could tell me anything...

Last edited:

beardicorn

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
The local MS Store here, Roseville CA, has continually been receiving stock on all sizes of the MS Band. They received a shipment of 24 of each size on 11-15-2014 and then another shipment, not sure the exact amount, 11-19-2014. This is what I was told by different reps. Today, I went in and decided to buy one if they were in stock, and indeed they were. All the employees acted as though they had a lot in stock today. If you call the phone number that is listed while looking up your local store online, you're connected to a call center who have been advised not to check in with the store of your choosing to see if it is indeed in stock; holiday shopping, high demand, and inaccurate inventory readings. Your best bet is to physically go to the store and see if they are in. Hope this helps anyone who has been having trouble acquiring one online though the MS Store.

BTW, this thing is pretty sweet. Glad I decided to get.

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
In stead of a green button saying "notify me when it's available" previously, the online store shows a grey button saying "Out of stock" now. That means they do not want to notify potential buyers any more. Probably the band won't be back online for several months.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Probably the band won't be back online for several months.

I disagree, especially since it sounds like the stores are receiving more stock. I think it's more likely they realized that the email notification was pointless.

I also suspect that Microsoft is trying to get more people going to their stores. It doesn't look good to have Apple stores always bustling and their stores completely empty.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My mate is over in Atlanta from the UK on business. Picked me up a large and medium yesterday to bring back for me.

Pretty excited!!

posted via tapatalk

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly what I meant. Their first priority is focusing on the stores now. I do not think the band will come back to the ontline store until the demands from physical stores have been fulfilled.

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
If you live in Southern California, the Microsoft Store just opened a new location at the Cerritos Mall on Saturday. I waited three hours in line to get a Band and an HP Stream 7.
I went back today to do more shopping and they still have a few Large and Small Bands, but no Medium.

1aussie

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Got this from Microsoft good luck people:

11/24/14

Dear Microsoft Store Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Band. Due to customer response, we no longer have any available for online sale. However, your local Microsoft Store may have some in stock through the holidays. Visit or call your local store. Find a store

To make it right, we're giving you a one-time promo code good for $10 off your next purchase of $50 or more from the Microsoft online store.*

pgt1

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a medium at the Beachwood, Ohio store. They have 6 more mediums in stock. I didn't check on other sizes. Strange thing is, I was on their waiting list and they never called...

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a medium at the Beachwood, Ohio store. They have 6 more mediums in stock. I didn't check on other sizes. Strange thing is, I was on their waiting list and they never called...

I'm going to call my store tomorrow. I have my band on backorder since 10/31, but then again I'm in NYC and we only have 1 store so they might have hundreds or thousands on backorder.

Lerac1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Got this stupid mail also, making it for me impossible now to get this product unless I know somebody who happens to go to US to buy it for me. I'm not going to buy from those leechers on ebay or amazon who bought 20 of these watches just to steal from people. Normal people like me who make a honest living can't buy just 1 of these because of these youknowwho thanks to Microsoft. Rules like one item per order, why would you. Just sell sell sell and give a finger customers. It will cost them in the long run. But who cares.

I would like to thank Microsoft to think of another way to annoy me even more. To make it right I get a 10 dollar coupon code to buy a product I don't want.. I would really like to say where they can put the stupid 10 dollars of them, but I guess this forum will not appreciate this. I want the Microsoft band not a stupid 10 dollars on some other product!

After 2 disappointments in a row they dare to give me 10 dollar discount if I spend 50 dollars (trying to make money on top of it also) on a product I never wanted. Sending me to a Microsoft Store may have but probably don't have store. Not only leaving me with a order number but now also without a watch.

Thank you Microsoft for ruining my day again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos