Temperature Sensor

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Under the sensor is listed a "Skin Temp Sensor." Is this unimplemented so far?
I do realize it was a rush release device but i really would love that.

Sensors:

Optical heart rate sensor

3-axis accelerometer/gyro
Gyrometer
GPS

Ambient light sensor
Skin temperature sensor

UV sensor
Capacitive sensor
Galvanic skin response
Microphone

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Weird! It is widely advertised. Isn't there an option to check that anywhere?

What about the galvanic stress sensor?

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
im guessing but since in some parts of the us with the seasons changing most dont use on sun screen/ wear short sleeves and the band is covered so UV isnt calculated. im sure once people start doing that the UV and the galvanic sensors will become active. i personally notice that my skin is hot in the sun when exposed and would like to know when to put sun screen on

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It's exciting that the Band has untapped potential. This is common with hardware releases these days.. Unlock more features over time. Could also be they are recording the data and want to see mass results to refine algorithms on these sensors.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know where the sensor even is? I would love all day temperature logs.

Also, the galvanic stress sensor should start measuring stress in real life now.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know where the sensor even is? I would love all day temperature logs.

Also, the galvanic stress sensor should start measuring stress in real life now.

Based on some recent online reviews I saw (which I can try and find if anyone's curious), I came away with the impression that pretty much all of the sensors are being used, .e.g., GSR is used (quite crudely) to determine whether the band is being worn or not -- remembering that during sleep it's possible to be motionless for a while. I think body temperature plays a similar role. I also agree with the intuition that we'll see more meaningful use of the on-board sensors over time, including those hoped-for "actionable insights." On the other hand, other than one of us downloading the SDK and programming it ourselves, I'd predict that several of the sensor readings will remain permanently hidden from the user (esp. GSR). It would be a shame if body temp ends up in that category, but then polling all the sensors even once every 15 minutes would take a significant toll on battery life.

-Matt

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Based on some recent online reviews I saw (which I can try and find if anyone's curious), I came away with the impression that pretty much all of the sensors are being used, .e.g., GSR is used (quite crudely) to determine whether the band is being worn or not -- remembering that during sleep it's possible to be motionless for a while. I think body temperature plays a similar role. I also agree with the intuition that we'll see more meaningful use of the on-board sensors over time, including those hoped-for "actionable insights." On the other hand, other than one of us downloading the SDK and programming it ourselves, I'd predict that several of the sensor readings will remain permanently hidden from the user (esp. GSR). It would be a shame if body temp ends up in that category, but then polling all the sensors even once every 15 minutes would take a significant toll on battery life.

-Matt

Agree. The body temperature should be polled once an hour and on-demand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo