Does Starbucks barcode work on band for you?

mistaclark

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I added my Starbucks card to my band but the bar-code it makes looks distorted compared to the original in the iPhone Starbucks app. Has anyone else experienced this? Will/Does it work? Is this a bug? (I haven't had a chance to hit a Starbucks yet to try)

Also, does anyone know how to officially submit a bug? The zip-code field in the health app didn't take my zip-code - its automatically stripping the leading 0.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It works, but you kind of have to pick up the scanner. I didn't feel like it was any easier than pulling out the card and having them swipe it tbh. On the plus side, you can go for a run and grab a coffee afterward without bringing your wallet.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
All the baristas came to see my Band and thought it was cool. Unfortunately, their scanner could not read the barcode. :eck:

My code is squished on the band. My friend's code on his Samsung phone has normal proportions, and their scanner can read his code without trouble.

mistaclark

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
All the baristas came to see my Band and thought it was cool. Unfortunately, their scanner could not read the barcode. :eck:

My code is squished on the band. My friend's code on his Samsung phone has normal proportions, and their scanner can read his code without trouble.

Thanks, so I'm guessing mine doesn't work either. I'm on the Lumia Icon with the latest preview build. I wonder if that's why...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Mine looked squished too, with some empty space on the right. Still worked, but took a few tries.

S640

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I've only used mine once, and the code is a little squished, but it worked without any trouble. The starbucks people thought it was pretty cool.

mistaclark

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'll have to get a "red cup" on the way into work tomorrow - for research. wink wink

I'll see what happens for me. Thanks for the responses.

noirsoft

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked, but I had to make sure my wrist was in one specific orientation, as it wouldn't read it in any other orientation.

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I thought I was going to have an issue since the barcode only takes up 2/3 of the screen and looks odd ...but its worked everytime. I wear mine on the inside of my wrist so it can be a little awkward to scan but it works.

mistaclark

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought I was going to have an issue since the barcode only takes up 2/3 of the screen and looks odd ...but its worked everytime. I wear mine on the inside of my wrist so it can be a little awkward to scan but it works.

I went this morning. Worked on the first try. I was the *coolest* guy at Starbucks this morning. All the baristas thought it was so cool and were asking me questions.

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
My Band arrived yesterday. First use after tracking sleep was the Starbucks app. Worked perfectly (except I had to keep turning the band back on as my barista completed my order before charging me) and the barista actually said "Wow. That blows my mind!"

mistaclark

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
One thing, I'd like the app timeout to be a lot longer. When I'm in line I'd like to get the code on the screen and have it stay there until I get to the register. I think the one time I tried this the screen kept turning off and the band kept going to the home screen.

Same here

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine worked, but I had to make sure my wrist was in one specific orientation, as it wouldn't read it in any other orientation.

Can you describe said wrist orientation? Tried again today, but try as she might, the barista was unable to get the code to scan.

Cranking up screen brightness to High did not help. (My friend's Starbucks app on his Android phone temporarily sets screen brightness to its highest setting, while the code is displayed.)

Another thought... Do you have a screen protector on your Band? I do not. (Couldn't get it free of the yellow guide during application.)

mistaclark

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Can you describe said wrist orientation? Tried again today, but try as she might, the barista was unable to get the code to scan.

Cranking up screen brightness to High did not help. (My friend's Starbucks app on his Android phone temporarily sets screen brightness to its highest setting, while the code is displayed.)

Another thought... Do you have a screen protector on your Band? I do not. (Couldn't get it free of the yellow guide during application.)

Mine: Left Wrist, Screen In, Screen Protector On, brightness medium
Starbucks: Scanner was on left side of register facing left
Approach: Wrist and screen facing up, arm parallel to counter top, Barista pointed scanner down to band, scanned first try.

Hope that helps.

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Orientation shouldn't matter. I've done horizontal (twisting my arm into an uncomfortable angle) and vertical (more natural position) as well as just waved it around at any angle. At multiple branches, its worked every time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo