the good and bad of battery life

Richard Servello

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
So I've done some battery experiments since getting my band. First day I used watch mode on. Went to the gym once and got about 33 hours. So watch mode seriously eats into reported life. So I tried with watch mode off. I took it off the charger on sun night at 9pm, used sleep tracker, went to the gym for a 40 min strength session the next morning. Used it all day for text and email, etc, went to bed and did a sleep track. Next morning at about 6am it was showing 50%...after about 30 hours...so watch mode basically cuts life in half. Then comes the bad. As I said I was at 50% at 6am. Well I went for my morning jog. 25mins in with GPS it said it needed to be plugged in. I got home after 30 mins and put it on the charger...it said 10%. So GPS tanks battery life nearly 100x. 30 hours to 30 mins. That's crazy! And I went for my run without my phone...so no Bluetooth activity.

Hopefully this will get better with firmware updates...otherwise, marathoners will not be using this tool!

drewman77

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
GPS eats into battery life no matter what the device. I doubt firmware updates will make much of a difference.

and 30 hours to 30 minutes is 60x (1800 minutes/30 minutes=60) not 100x.

Richard Servello

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
GPS eats into battery life no matter what the device. I doubt firmware updates will make much of a difference.

and 30 hours to 30 minutes is 60x (1800 minutes/30 minutes=60) not 100x.

Man there is always someone that has to correct math. This is for people wondering about battery life. Quit trolling.

drewman77

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm not trolling. You are giving the wrong numbers for battery life. Just fix your mistake instead of attacking me.

I also gave my opinion that a firmware update won't fix it.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Using GPS reportedly gives a runtime of 4-5 hours.

Given 200mA battery capacity, in sleep mode that's 4mA/hour used. When GPS + 1 second heart beat is on, that goes up to 40mA/h, which is 10 times higher. We used GPS modules that use 20-30mA, so given the heart rate device is on too, that's probably fair. They might be able to edge it out a little more in that some GPS modules have lower power modes you can use when you have good coverage... let's face it. Step one is get it on the street. Step 2 is refine it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium