Waking from Sleep

drewman77

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes, part of the reason I could move to it from my Fitbit. I get up at 5am and my wife would kill me if I used an audible alarm.

AdeptMaven

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can set an alarm on the band itself or if you have Bluetooth on (and paired) any alarm you have set on your phone will vibrate the band as well

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
So did anyone else figure out how to have alarms on your phone ONLY go off as vibration on the band? I have the problems as I get the loud alarm on my phone at the same time as band vibration, which is pointless. Need to turn off alarm on phone too.

Actually, I think you can turn alarm sounds off on phone somewhere...hmm....

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So did anyone else figure out how to have alarms on your phone ONLY go off as vibration on the band? I have the problems as I get the loud alarm on my phone at the same time as band vibration, which is pointless. Need to turn off alarm on phone too.

Actually, I think you can turn alarm sounds off on phone somewhere...hmm....

There's a "vibrate only" option within each alarm on your phone.

joeactuary

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can set an alarm on the band itself or if you have Bluetooth on (and paired) any alarm you have set on your phone will vibrate the band as well

hmmm, setting alarms on my iphone 5s does not vibrate my band, only my phone. Is there some setting I need to change?

Last edited:

Dima Habenko

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
For me, unfortunately the vibration of the Band, does not awaken me even on High setting. In 4 nights that I tried it, I only felt it once and I was already half awake at that time. This is strange as FitBit alarm vibration never failed me. MS vibrates on alarm very briefly (like 3 seconds) and then again (and again) after some time but always brief. It might also be a factor that I wear FitBit more loosely then the Band due to the fact that I think Band requires good contact to properly report HR.
What do you guys think?

joeactuary

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Have had it just one night but it definately did not wake me up this morning! i had it on high vibrate too. The whole alarm thing is very disappointing. I can only have one alarm open at a time. There are no repeat options or specific day alarms. I can't get alarms set on my iphone to go off on the band. And of course it doesn't have any smart alarm feature to only wake you up on light REM cycles.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Have had it just one night but it definately did not wake me up this morning! i had it on high vibrate too. The whole alarm thing is very disappointing. I can only have one alarm open at a time. There are no repeat options or specific day alarms. I can't get alarms set on my iphone to go off on the band. And of course it doesn't have any smart alarm feature to only wake you up on light REM cycles.

v1.0 software people. Most of these things will and can be fixed in software updates :p

joeactuary

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
yes, yes. Multiple people though, even in this thread are claiming that currently you can set an alarm on the iphone itself and have it vibrate on the band. I don't think that's true. I would love though for someone to tell me otherwise! I'm also of the persuasion that this 'claimed' feature will not be incorporated in versions 2,3 etc as i'm not sure Apple has unlocked this type of access for the alarm to developers.

Anyway, until hopefully someone debunks this, no you can't activate an alarm on the band directly from an iphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs