Lumia 1020 won't stay connected with Band on Bluetooth

kwool

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got my Band in the mail today and was excited to start to use it. I was able to pair it with my Lumia 1020 (Cyan) just fine, but the phone will not stay connected to the Band outside of the Microsoft Health app, meaning that I'm unable to get any notifications whatsoever.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried resetting and resyncing like the support page says but it hasn't helped.

Thanks!

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried going into the Bluetooth settings page and actively clicking on the band to force it to connect. I know this morning after I reset it, it stopped syncing with my phone. The only way I could get it to stay connected was to go in and tap on it... seems fine now.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I've see with the Band and the 1020 is Cortana will occasionally generate an error that it cannot contact the phone via Bluetooth. I have found that if I just toggle the BT on the band.. all works again. HTH

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got my Band in the mail today and was excited to start to use it. I was able to pair it with my Lumia 1020 (Cyan) just fine, but the phone will not stay connected to the Band outside of the Microsoft Health app, meaning that I'm unable to get any notifications whatsoever.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried resetting and resyncing like the support page says but it hasn't helped.

Thanks!

I had that issue w/ my 1520 when I first setup. Went through it again and worked fine. My wife isn't having any issues w/ her 1020 (also Cyan - not Dev preview).

kwool

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I've tried going to bluetooth settings and connecting it that way. It connects for a second or two and then drops again and the bluetooth icon disappears.

I have never been able to use Cortana on the band. It always says I need to make sure bluetooth is connected and that I'm near my phone. However, I do get text messages delivered to the band.

I've tried to reset and reconnect for the third time now with no resolution.

This is really unacceptable and I'm considering returning the band if Microsoft can't get its own product working with its phones.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Lumia 1520. I had no issues pairing the band with the phone and it syncs just fine with the Health app when it's open. But Bluetooth between the phone and the band just won't stay connected. Just like the OP, I've tried connecting via the phone's Bluetooth settings, but all I get is :Connecting - Connected - Paired, with about a second between each state. It connects for a second and then it drops. Bluetooth icon turns off on the phone and on the band. I've tried many times. Sometimes, I even get "Couldn't connect". This is so frustrating! One of the reasons I got the Band was for notifications (texts, etc.), but if the Bluetooth can't stay connected, this becomes nothing more than a fitness tracker. I have tried powering the phone and the band off and on, and I've tried resetting the band. Still not working. I'll try turning everything off and resetting the band a couple more times. I'll even try unpairing all the other devices in my Bluetooth settings, leaving the band as the only one. We'll see if that helps. If not, I'll be calling Microsoft support. Not sure what else to do. Anyone have any other ideas? It's pretty pathetic this isn't working with a Windows flagship phone. By the way, my phone is an AT&T Lumia 1520 with the Cyan update. I don't have the latest developer preview. I'm just going to wait until Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 is rolled out to my phone with Lumia Denim. Don't mind waiting to get Cortana functionality, but it's a moot point unless I can get this darn Bluetooth to stay connected. So far, my experience with the band has been disappointing.

curseoftheninja

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got off tech support with MS...seems it will be fixed with Denim update. So you can still receive calls and texts, but no Fortuna support until Denim.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I had a few issues at the outset with my 1020 so I deleted the pairing and tried again. Not sure if changing the band's name after pairing had anything to do with it but all has been fine since the repairing and Cortana works just fine from the band. User it frequently to set reminders, appointments and send texts.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my 920 when I first got my Band, but I installed the newest OS version through the developer preview, and that solved the issue for me. I know this isn't for everyone, though, but at least a fix is coming to you eventually.

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I experienced the same (HTC M8). At the time I was also experiencing the "wont charge past 80%" issue. I read to solve that problem you had to restart the Band. After I did that the BT stayed connected and I havent had any issues since.

Cruzebe

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925 loses also sometimes the bluetooth connection , when you go for a moment out of the area of your phone once disconnected the band has trouble to get connected again ......

tdavi82

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Lumia 1520 and I was missing a lot of features like Cortana, Facebook, FB messenger, Email, Calendar, etc. Also, the Bluetooth would connect then immediately disconnect. I contacted MS and the rep said I had to upgrade to the developer preview (Can be done through the Health App). I updated to get the features and happy with the update, as before with my Lumia 920. It is a little frustrating that to get the features from the band I have to update to a version of the OS that isn't even out yet. But Android and Apple users have no issue syncing and enjoying the Band's apps and they don't have to update to dev OS versions.

pookiewood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Late Reply but just got a band. :p What seemed to work for me was just disabling BT on my 1020 and then re-enabling it in the BT discovery section in the Windows Phone Settings. I then tapped my Band and it connected immediately without dropping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire