Emails I dont want sneaking through

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I love the e-mail and text integration with the Band and was delighted to read about the "white list" approach that would allow me to keep only the 10 most important people who might contact me available on the device. I set up my 10 preferred folks and then was surprised this morning when some junk e-mails showed up. Are these getting through because of Cortana? I may have to disable her.

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
OK, either I didn't explain the problem I was having clearly or you all knew the answer and couldn't believe I was so stupid as to not solve it myself! After a period of no answers, I took a look at the Health app again and solved the problem. There are two big, purple sliders on the Mail Settings page that BOTH need to be in the On position in order to: 1. Enable e-mail on the Band and 2. Only let those from VIPs come through. Then, you have to Save that setting. Not terribly complicated but clearly not what I should be doing after midnight when playing with my new gadget for several hours. All is well.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Actually, that setting doesn't filter out e-mails from everyone but those 10 people, it only stops notifications of e-mails from everyone except those 10 people:

Turn mail notifications on or off
When mail notifications are off, mail snippets are delivered to your Microsoft Band, but your Microsoft Band won’t vibrate and won’t automatically display messages as they arrive.

Enable your VIP List and add VIPs on Windows Phone
You can set up and enable a VIP List to limit the mail notifications you get on your Microsoft Band to only the contacts you choose.

Mail on Microsoft Band | Email notifications and snippets | VIP List

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that. I guess not vibrating at me is a better than doing so, but I'd prefer "mail snippets" be limited to the VIPs as I get just too many messages in a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon