Does the workouts "app" track weight lifting stats(reps, weights, workout) doesn't seem like it but haven't found anything definitive. If not think it will come?
    11-06-2014 03:21 PM
    Darn good question. I haven't read anything that says it does (still waiting on my band), but hopefully it will. I was looking at the following, but there's no windows phone support:

PUSH

​Would really love it if Microsoft could somehow incorporate something similar in the band.
    11-06-2014 03:36 PM
    It does not - there is mention (I think in the document about the development of the Band) of how it tracks push-up and other activities when doing a Band workout. I have not tried this yet.

When it comes to weight workouts, I find that the band over estimates the calorie burn (compared to say the Polar Loop with HR monitor). But I think it underestimates non-workout burn, so on aggregate on days when I workout, I think it is fairly accurate. I am hoping the over and underestimation will be fixed soon with a firmware update.
    11-06-2014 03:37 PM
    That looks really interesting - a little purpose built perhaps. Since the Band has a accelerometer/gyrometer I don't see why this could not be added.

Darn good question. I haven't read anything that says it does (still waiting on my band), but hopefully it will. I was looking at the following, but there's no windows phone support:

PUSH

​Would really love it if Microsoft could somehow incorporate something similar in the band.
    11-06-2014 03:51 PM
    Agreed. I was looking at this for a while, but it was only recently released, and by the time they got it out, Microsoft released its band. Of course, since I have a Lumia, I didn't really consider the push, so its an easy decision for me. Nevertheless, looks like a pretty interesting product for weightlifters.
    11-06-2014 04:13 PM
    If you use guided workouts it would prompt you, I believe, but not track it.
    11-06-2014 04:15 PM
    I have to tell you, don't except much when it comes to weight lifting. The workouts on there are very weak in opinion. Not enough options. I'm sure they can fix this in the future but for now I wasn't impressed with the workouts on there. I need something more advance. What I really want would be to add my own personal workouts.
    11-06-2014 04:27 PM
    Would love to see boxing and kickboxing added.
    11-06-2014 04:47 PM
    It does not. I have been using the band the past 2 days at the gym, but only to track HR and calories burned. I looked at the guided workouts and they are all either bodyweight exercises or don't allow for tracking number of r eps, sets, or weight. For now, I still carry around my phone so I can use my Gym app.
    11-06-2014 04:48 PM
    Shucks, would love to see charts and everything about how much weight I'm lifting over time, and how much better/more I'm getting at each exercise. Guess I'm still using Excel.
    11-06-2014 05:01 PM
    Try GymAce. Best workout app out there. It's the only great App only available on WP in my opinion.
    Benjamin Mendez and ajj3085 like this.
    11-06-2014 05:32 PM
    I use it, still rather not keep things in my pocket. A smart watch imo is best for health...
    11-06-2014 05:58 PM
    I have to tell you, don't except much when it comes to weight lifting. The workouts on there are very weak in opinion. Not enough options. I'm sure they can fix this in the future but for now I wasn't impressed with the workouts on there. I need something more advance. What I really want would be to add my own personal workouts.
    That's what I'm waiting for. Or maybe get gymbuilder integration.
    11-06-2014 10:50 PM
    Yeah I was thinking a separate app would be really nice. Like I said I want to be able to add my own workouts. The workouts on there even though some are label as advance are no where advanced in my opinion. They can do so much more for us the weight lifters. As of now it does tell me when I get a snapchat lol
    11-06-2014 11:45 PM
    Yeah I was thinking a separate app would be really nice. Like I said I want to be able to add my own workouts. The workouts on there even though some are label as advance are no where advanced in my opinion. They can do so much more for us the weight lifters. As of now it does tell me when I get a snapchat lol
    For now I'm just using gym builder to count reps and the band for activity/calorie counting.
    11-07-2014 06:44 AM
    No. It can't do this yet, but maybe with some enhancements down the road, and when the SKD comes out, a 3rd party will be able to sync up to Band (i.e. GymAce for WP or JetFit for Android).
    Benjamin Mendez likes this.
    11-07-2014 07:24 PM