Cannot Change USB Port

zkorn

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I originally set-up, charge and sync my Microsoft Band with the 'Microsoft Band Sync App' on a Windows 7 PC through the Band's USB charging cable and a USB port in the back of my PC. I switched the charging cable to use a USB port on the front of my PC and the PC Sync App does not see the Band. Both USB ports on the PC are USB 2 and 3. Anyone else have this problem? Can anyone suggest a solution? I tried uninstalling the WinUSB driver and re installing it but that did not work.

zkorn

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Based on info from another thread ( at forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-band/321273-cant-sync-band-desktop-app.html) where PC-based, Band Sync app would work with USB2 port but not USB3 I checked and found that the port that works is USB2 and the one that will not is USB3.

When I have time I will experiment further to see if I can further verify that the issue with the PC Band Sync app not connecting to the Bank is that the app fails with USB3. Anyone else hit this problem?

OliverLx

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It works perfectly attached to two different devices with USB3, e. g. my Surface Pro 3 and another Windows 8.1 tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium