How do you wear your Band ?

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
How do you wear your band ( top of wrist, or underside ) ? Do you see any benefits or risks to that position ?

I've always worn a watch on top, so I tried that with the band. It seemed reasonable, but it was more difficult to get an angle to read notifications.

Seeing the photos of people wearing it on the underside, I gave that a try. It actually seemed a bit more comfortable, and it is very easy to read.

Any pluses or minuses on the wearing position regarding performance, sensors, etc ?

Thanks for your input.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Like you, I've always worn my watch on top. Since I spend much of my day at a computer, the top of my arm is closer than the bottom. I've (briefly) tried the underside, but then it rubs on the desk when I try to type and feels funny with all that bulk under my wrist. I also think it makes the display more prone to scratching.

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I had a problem at Starbucks getting it to recognize the number ( it was incorrect and took awhile to change ). However I had the band on top of my arm and it was "vertical" to the reader, and did read it fine. In this case I figure I turn my arm the other way, it will be vertical, and should read. Of course that is when the device is on the side of the counter. If it is at the back it might be more of a problem.

Jean Sagarese

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I had emailed Starbucks to figure out my number they only got back to me yesterday and in the meantime while setting up Softcard I went to the Wallet and found the numbers by accident so my account should be okay. I love getting my coffee fix from Bing and even if I switch phones down the road Bing will always be my search engine

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Usually underneath. But I've been getting a Band imprint on my inside wrist that chafes a bit during each workout. It's where the charging port is located. I think an optional magnetic cap might help smooth things but that's the only annoyance so far. Also, it could be a bit lighter.

When I sleep, I flip it to the outer wrist.

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
under my wrist and havent had any problem with starbucks or seeing UV light. heart rate has been accurate as well. I think it is best to be on your left because of the main artery is going through your right wrist and as well as the wedding ring on your right

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
When I wear a watch the face is on the outside/top of my wrist, but I wear my Band with its face on the inside/bottom side of my wrist. It is much easier to use the device and it is more comfortable that way. I haven't had any problems with accuracy of the sensors. I have had problems with the Starbucks app, but today the store manager said it was because of their reader. They have an older model or something. She said it has trouble with some kinds of bar codes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett