Phone Battery Life

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
While a lot are talking about the battery life of their band, I was wondering if anyone has noticed their phone battery life change at all? I have a Lumia 630 that I use daily, and I've noticed that since I've gotten my band, it's battery life seemed to have dropped a bit. Before, I could get well over a day of battery life easily. If I really micromanaged my usage I could even get through a second day on a single charge. Since pairing it with my band, I've hit battery saver territory every night, which used to be a rare occurrence before.

This isn't a problem because I charge my phone nightly, and I'm still able to make it through the entire day without having to change my usage habits. But I was wondering if anyone else also has noticed a change in battery life? I'm open to the possibility that perhaps I'm checking the graphs in the Health app more than I realize, so it could just be me as well. Thanks!

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I feel like my Lumia 1520 is also going down faster, though Battery info doesn't reflect it being a major culprit. I suspect somehow it is.

pkadare

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've found the opposite. Looking at the notifications on my band rather than constantly turning on my phone's screen seems to have given my phone battery a bit of a longer life.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well now that we have the updated Battery Saver app, I can confirm that Microsoft Health uses the most background power out of all my other apps. At the same time, it isn't a ridiculous amount, and I think part of my decreased battery life was indeed due to me using the phone a lot too. Microsoft Health is also one of my top apps for foreground power usage, which means that I'm to blame as well.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Battery Saver shows it using 5% of my battery. With more background use - likely because it does periodically sync in the background.

jwpear

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed reduced battery life out of my Lumia Icon since pairing with the Band. I hit battery saver several times just this week. I never had that happen during normal weekday use prior to the Band. Like you, I could sometimes stretch out to two days between charges in a pinch. No way that could happen now. By 10 pm, I'm well under 20 percent charge.

I don't yet have Cyan because Verizon is worthless and holding up the update process. I assumed the reduced battery life was a consequence of not yet have BT 4 LE support.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If there's a reduction in battery life it must be very little for me. I use a Lumia 920 and its about 1.5 years old already, but battery doesn't seem to have taken a hit for me though thankfully.

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm using an iPhone 6 with my Band and battery life has definitely taken a hit since I started using the Band. The funny thing is that the Band doesn't even consistently sync with my phone. Not sure where all the drain is coming from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3