While a lot are talking about the battery life of their band, I was wondering if anyone has noticed their phone battery life change at all? I have a Lumia 630 that I use daily, and I've noticed that since I've gotten my band, it's battery life seemed to have dropped a bit. Before, I could get well over a day of battery life easily. If I really micromanaged my usage I could even get through a second day on a single charge. Since pairing it with my band, I've hit battery saver territory every night, which used to be a rare occurrence before.

This isn't a problem because I charge my phone nightly, and I'm still able to make it through the entire day without having to change my usage habits. But I was wondering if anyone else also has noticed a change in battery life? I'm open to the possibility that perhaps I'm checking the graphs in the Health app more than I realize, so it could just be me as well. Thanks!
    11-07-2014 09:47 PM
    I feel like my Lumia 1520 is also going down faster, though Battery info doesn't reflect it being a major culprit. I suspect somehow it is.
    WhiteNiteLite likes this.
    11-07-2014 10:09 PM
    I've found the opposite. Looking at the notifications on my band rather than constantly turning on my phone's screen seems to have given my phone battery a bit of a longer life.
    WhiteNiteLite likes this.
    11-08-2014 01:06 AM
    Well now that we have the updated Battery Saver app, I can confirm that Microsoft Health uses the most background power out of all my other apps. At the same time, it isn't a ridiculous amount, and I think part of my decreased battery life was indeed due to me using the phone a lot too. Microsoft Health is also one of my top apps for foreground power usage, which means that I'm to blame as well.
    11-13-2014 07:08 AM
    Battery Saver shows it using 5% of my battery. With more background use - likely because it does periodically sync in the background.
    11-13-2014 08:38 AM
    I have noticed reduced battery life out of my Lumia Icon since pairing with the Band. I hit battery saver several times just this week. I never had that happen during normal weekday use prior to the Band. Like you, I could sometimes stretch out to two days between charges in a pinch. No way that could happen now. By 10 pm, I'm well under 20 percent charge.

I don't yet have Cyan because Verizon is worthless and holding up the update process. I assumed the reduced battery life was a consequence of not yet have BT 4 LE support.
    11-13-2014 08:44 PM
    I'm noticing faster drain since pairing my Band. Band is definitely the power hog according to Battery Saver.
    11-14-2014 09:48 AM
    If there's a reduction in battery life it must be very little for me. I use a Lumia 920 and its about 1.5 years old already, but battery doesn't seem to have taken a hit for me though thankfully.
    11-14-2014 08:16 PM
    I'm using an iPhone 6 with my Band and battery life has definitely taken a hit since I started using the Band. The funny thing is that the Band doesn't even consistently sync with my phone. Not sure where all the drain is coming from.
    11-18-2014 01:08 PM
    I've found the opposite. Looking at the notifications on my band rather than constantly turning on my phone's screen seems to have given my phone battery a bit of a longer life.
    I agree. My 1020 is getting longer battery life for sure.
    11-18-2014 02:19 PM