Microsoft complete?

animan

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone purchase Microsoft complete warranty with the Band? I believe it is $19 and covers accidental damage. Not sure if there is a deductible like the Surface plan.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Normally I pass them up. But I got it for one reason: the Band is not water proof. This is the first "watch" I've ever had that wasn't. I'm used to sticking my hands into water without a second thought.

animan

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the link! Yes, I think it's worth it for $19, even if it provides only a one-time replacement. I think I am gonna go ahead with it since I am liking this band quite a bit :)

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I normally avoid extended warranties, especially for electronics. We're normally very careful with our electronics, and by the time they break, it's usually time to upgrade to new technology anyway.

I have made only two exceptions. First, when my son went to college, we bought Microsoft complete for his laptop. He's reasonably careful, but it seemed like there's too many opportunities for a college freshman to break his laptop. That worked out well. The laptop did indeed break. Since that model laptop was no longer being manufactured, they gave us the full purchase price credit toward any other device in the store. We used that credit to by an SP3. Sweet! MS really stands behind the complete service.

The other exception was that I bought MS complete for the Bands I bought for my wife and I. Like the college freshman's laptop, there are just too many different ways these things could accidentally get destroyed.

I haven't bought the coverage for other stuff I've purchased through the Microsoft Store. But then again, I don't play tennis or lift weights with my laptop or Xbox One.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
$20 is pretty reasonable for accidental coverage. I didn't buy it when I originally placed the order for my Band, but I'm definitely going to now that I know I'm keeping it. I can be tough on my devices something and I'd hate to be out of $200 if I did something stupid like slamming my wrist down on a table a bit too hard.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
It is disappointing the coverage only goes for 13-months from date of purchase. That surprised me, as I expected a full two years, as with Microsoft Complete for other devices.

But within a year Band 2.0 will be out the door, and I suppose Microsoft expects we'll all throw our 1.0s in the drawer and get the new model...

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I actually ended up going with a warranty through SquareTrade instead of Microsoft Complete. After a 25% off coupon, I got three years of coverage for $35, and it includes accidental damage. Sure, I lose the ability to head over to my Microsoft Store and replace it same day, but $15 more dollars for 3 years of coverage instead of 1 is a much better deal. Plus SquareTrade seems to have a pretty good reputation when it comes to fulfilling their warranties. I've never had to use one firsthand though.

I'm not sure if these codes are one time use or not, but here's a few other 25% off ones that I found digging through my inbox. If anyone else is interested hopefully it comes in handy. I'm not going to be using all of them. Enjoy!

02H80008YKKMB0X4
02H80008Y7FZV0XG
02H80008XVXFZ0X4
02H80008XC91M0X8
02H80008Q9LJQ00K

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I actually ended up going with a warranty through SquareTrade instead of Microsoft Complete. After a 25% off coupon, I got three years of coverage for $35, and it includes accidental damage. Sure, I lose the ability to head over to my Microsoft Store and replace it same day, but $15 more dollars for 3 years of coverage instead of 1 is a much better deal. Plus SquareTrade seems to have a pretty good reputation when it comes to fulfilling their warranties. I've never had to use one firsthand though.

I'm not sure if these codes are one time use or not, but here's a few other 25% off ones that I found digging through my inbox. If anyone else is interested hopefully it comes in handy. I'm not going to be using all of them. Enjoy!

02H80008YKKMB0X4
02H80008Y7FZV0XG
02H80008XVXFZ0X4
02H80008XC91M0X8
02H80008Q9LJQ00K

I've had great experience with square trade. Haven't used them in awhile but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If you're trying to get Microsoft complete after purchasing your band, and the closest store is like more than 20 miles away, do not bother calling the number they have listed on their page like as instructed. I tried that and was met with a rude lady who said it couldn't bee purchased because they were having bugs in their system because the product is so new. After that I tried online chat and had a total 180 of an experience and got the Microsoft Complete coverage pretty quickly after that. All he needed was the serial number and a quick call to confirm my identity. I almost went for Squaretrade's 3 year warranty for 35$ for 3 years but felt Microsoft might have a slight edge hopefully for its product.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
It is disappointing the coverage only goes for 13-months from date of purchase. That surprised me, as I expected a full two years, as with Microsoft Complete for other devices.

But within a year Band 2.0 will be out the door, and I suppose Microsoft expects we'll all throw our 1.0s in the drawer and get the new model...

I wonder what happens if you "accidentally" damage the band when they release a version 2.... Would they give you a discount off a new one? :p

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what happens if you "accidentally" damage the band when they release a version 2.... Would they give you a discount off a new one? :p
Hopefully the version 2 at no charge or for a small upgrade fee (<$50). If not, I wouldn't mind getting a new V1 replacement to sell on eBay while I purchase V2. MS will have updated the thing with a slew of features by then.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had two 920's break and since they were end of sale they let me choose from any AT&T windows phone. So I'd say it's possible with the right timing, though 13 months isn't as safe a buffer as 2 years.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I bought complete, and now my band is broken. But when I go to get service, it says my warranty is expired?? How do I make sure the Complete is registered to my band?

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Know matter what warranty the band is registered to should not matter all bands have a 1 year warranty and they have not been out a year yet in the USA

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought complete, and now my band is broken. But when I go to get service, it says my warranty is expired?? How do I make sure the Complete is registered to my band?

To register your Band, go to https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...d%2Fen-us%2Fsupport%2Fregister&token=cjUBY4Sb

To check your warranty on your Band, go to https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...-us%2Fsupport%2Fcheck-warranty&token=WX7JjYiG

You will need to sign into your Microsoft Account that you purchased the Band with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos