Wishlist: Find my phone

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to see a "find my phone" function added to the Band. Sure, there's other apps for doing that, but most of them require getting access to another device. The Band is right on your wrist. Secondly, you DON'T want your phone sounding off unless you know for sure where you lost it. Otherwise, someone else may find it first. But with the Band, it will work only if the phone is in Bluetooth range. It won't work across town.

I'd also like to see an alert on both devices if the partner moves out of range. That way you can be alerted that you're leaving your phone (or your Band) behind when you didn't intend to.

If this saves you from loosing your on-contract phone, that alone can pay for the Band.

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree. My Martian watch has this, but it is not that useful since the Bluetooth is spotty. The BT on th band is much better so I think this would be very useful.

smurfalarm

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I use cortana's "play music" voice command through the Band as a makeshift "find my phone" sometimes. You just search for where the music is playing from. It has some limitations though because it won't work if you have headphones or if your volume is too low. It might be possible to create an app that is activated through a Cortana command and schedules an alarm to happen very quickly after the command is given, which should work as a sort of find my phone replacement. Do you want me to spend a few hours seeing if I can make that work some time in the next few weeks? I'm willing to try if anyone would find it useful.

Also, I really love the idea of an alert for when the Band and phone lose connection.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Do you want me to spend a few hours seeing if I can make that work some time in the next few weeks? I'm willing to try if anyone would find it useful.
As a Android user, that option isn't open to me, so it will be up to the WP users to speak up.

Done as a true app, I'd hope that it would sound off at a higher volume regardless of volume or mute settings.

maks327

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia Treasure Tag has this feature. Press the button on the treasure tag and your phone will start beeping if they're connected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon