Defective Band - Terrible Customer Service- I'm Done

SteveVII

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Unfortunately, it looks like I am done with the Band. Just to recap, when I noticed that my heartrate was especially off the second day of owning it, I called Microsoft support to help troubleshoot. They offered to send a replacement band to see if that resolved the issue. If I did not return the band, they would simply charge me $200 after 2 weeks. I received the band and experienced the same heartrate issues. Additionally, many people on this forum verified that the heartrate monitor was finicky for them as well. My cousin has been wanting one since seeing mine, so I offered to give it to him for the $200 MS would charge me.

Anyways, I look at my band yesterday and the thing is completely messed up. Nothing is legible on the screen at all. It looks like what I would expect from water damage, however I was not anywhere near water yesterday (I sweat a bit during a long workout in the morning). In fact, this happened while I was cleaning my car in the afternoon. I call Microsoft to figure out a way to address this issue, and to make a long story short, they told me that I am **** out of luck for now because the other claim was still open. They said that they could not send me any type of replacement for over a month because it take that long to close. I told them that they should have charged me $200 as it has already been over 2 weeks. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and he reiterated that there is nothing I can do besides waiting a month for the case to close. I asked him what I should do with a band that doesn't work for over a month, and he suggested returning it outright.

I'm a bit disappointed that this happened. While I find it unacceptable that the heart rate monitor is mediocre at best, I still enjoyed the device overall. I am also shocked that it would simply stop functioning after owning it for 3 weeks. If Microsoft is asking me to no longer be a customer, I guess there is nothing that I can do. While I know that this is an edge case, I know of many other companies that would have put forth some effort to make this right.

Anyways, here is a picture of my band. It's been fun and hope to see some cool progress being made in the future.

IMG_0678.JPG

Geoffrey Almashy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Holy heck! The same exact thing happened to me today. My screen looked exactly the same for no reason. It got worse and eventually I had nothing at all. Microsoft is sending me a replacement, but I am mad and worried how long the next one will last. I wonder if there was a update bug or something.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a lot number? Just in case it's a defective lot?

That doesn't look like a software issue - looks more like an internal connection to the driver or screen lines.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
sorry to hear about your trouble. I returned mine as well but it was smooth. Not for the same reason (scratches on band and bend pins on charger out of the box). I hope these are isolated incidences and not an MS Band water gate.....
hope you get your problems solved soon
cheers

SteveVII

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah.... I feel like it has to be hardware related. Seems to me that the display connector was not working. I'm not sure what to do. Microsoft is basically saying I need to wait a month or so if I want a replacement? I dont see why they just cant send another one out and charge me the $200 if they dont receive this one again.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.... I feel like it has to be hardware related. Seems to me that the display connector was not working. I'm not sure what to do. Microsoft is basically saying I need to wait a month or so if I want a replacement? I dont see why they just cant send another one out and charge me the $200 if they dont receive this one again.
I don't know how their legal system works and how tight they are about it. But it seems you started a return process and then decided to go a different route by selling it? Apparently they have some 30day rule on the return you initiated. Surprised you they wouldn't change that and charge you the full price for the Band. I'd definitely try to call them again.
​good luck

SteveVII

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. They did charge me $200 for the band that I didn't return. I wasn't trying to cheat the system. As I mentioned in another thread, I own both bands and they wont fix mine. I'll give them another ring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss