Wishlist: Phone Alarms in Sleep mode

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Bluetooth is turned off during sleep. So all phone functions are disconnected. The other issue is to somehow distinguish between a desired phone alarm and other notifications that you don't want waking you up. Given all the different alarm apps that a user might load on their phone, that may not be simple.

Personally, I think a better route would be to have better alarms on the band.

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Bluetooth is turned off during sleep. So all phone functions are disconnected. The other issue is to somehow distinguish between a desired phone alarm and other notifications that you don't want waking you up. Given all the different alarm apps that a user might load on their phone, that may not be simple.

Personally, I think a better route would be to have better alarms on the band.

I don't know if BT is disabled in sleep mode, but I definitely don't get any notifications while in sleep mode. It's very annoying to me. I need to get texts/calls for work at night. It's definitely a feature that would be fairly simple for them to add.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if BT is disabled in sleep mode, but I definitely don't get any notifications while in sleep mode. It's very annoying to me. I need to get texts/calls for work at night. It's definitely a feature that would be fairly simple for them to add.
I'd think it would be necessary to add some kind of filter. I understand the need to be notified of certain messages, but I doubt if you want to be notified about ALL messages you receive.

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'd think it would be necessary to add some kind of filter. I understand the need to be notified of certain messages, but I doubt if you want to be notified about ALL messages you receive.

It needs to be a user preference. I'm lucky I didn't get an overnight page for work before I discovered this. They should have this stuff documented.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
It needs to be a user preference.
That goes without saying. But at minimum you need something to select what accounts/type of notifications (phone, email, SMS, etc) and probably from whom. (Either specific addresses/phone number or email domain/phone exchanges.)

They should have this stuff documented.
What documentation?

Maybe I should add this to the wish list - user documentation.

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
That goes without saying. But at minimum you need something to select what accounts/type of notifications (phone, email, SMS, etc) and probably from whom. (Either specific addresses/phone number or email domain/phone exchanges.)

What documentation?

Maybe I should add this to the wish list - user documentation.

Agreed!

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
User documentation can be found under the support topics on the Band support (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...crosoft-band%2Fen-us%2Fsupport&token=EtiLQDIH)

I do agree it should be an option to allow notifications during sleep mode or not. Especially since you can have Cortana manage quiet hours which turns off all notifications except for the calls and texts that you want.

It does indeed turn off Bluetooth while in sleep mode, probably as a battery saving feature as well.

It would also be nice if the alarm would stay on rather than turning off whenever it's dismissed, most people probably have it set to when they get up for work (5 days a week) vs. the 2 days it would be changed/off.

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
User documentation can be found under the support topics on the Band support (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...crosoft-band%2Fen-us%2Fsupport&token=7GWafP7J)

I do agree it should be an option to allow notifications during sleep mode or not. Especially since you can have Cortana manage quiet hours which turns off all notifications except for the calls and texts that you want.

It does indeed turn off Bluetooth while in sleep mode, probably as a battery saving feature as well.

It would also be nice if the alarm would stay on rather than turning off whenever it's dismissed, most people probably have it set to when they get up for work (5 days a week) vs. the 2 days it would be changed/off.

Hmm. I wonder if I can go into sleep mode and then go toggle BT back on as a temporary solution. Might have to try that tonight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo