How does the band work in the car

Brian Farkas

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how the band behaves in the car? Specifically I am imagining many issues with having my phone synced through blue tooth to the car and using cortana through my car's systems for texts, music, directions, etc. and having the band synced simultaneously. I also am wondering how driving mode comes into play.

bishop1378

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have my Band paired to my 1520 which in turn is paired to my car's MS Sync and I haven't noticed any behavior changes with regards to calls, text messages, and music playback (aside from call/text information being displayed on three devices instead of two).

Can't speak to the impact on navigation or driving mode though.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm unable to play music over Bluetooth while my Band and my 1520 are synced. The music plays, but it skips every other second or so....very choppy.

Brian Farkas

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, that's great. I figured they must have worked something out. Scienceguy, I have experienced the skipping you are talking about without the band and have found it is a geolocation cortana problem as it tries to connect to wireless while I am driving near favorite places resulting in issues, when I shut this off it works fine, may not be your problem but have found this to work.

LoriInWA

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
No issues for me at all! Phone still pairs seamlessly and Cortana responds without issue. Also no problems with pairing phone to BT headphones and receiving spoken texts, etc.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, that's great. I figured they must have worked something out. Scienceguy, I have experienced the skipping you are talking about without the band and have found it is a geolocation cortana problem as it tries to connect to wireless while I am driving near favorite places resulting in issues, when I shut this off it works fine, may not be your problem but have found this to work.

Wow! Thanks for that tip. That's apparently what was causing my issue. I appreciate the help. :)

zolakk

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
No issues for me at all! Phone still pairs seamlessly and Cortana responds without issue. Also no problems with pairing phone to BT headphones and receiving spoken texts, etc.

Really? On my Lumia 925 I am experiencing the exact opposite. Ever since I paired my band, all notifications and when I hit the button to talk to Cortana go to the band instead of spoken over the stereo bluetooth. Do you have messaging and Cortana enabled on your band? Also, i've noticed that with drive mode I still get all notifications (email, FB, text, etc) on my band even with it on so at least in my case the band seems to ignore drive mode

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok sorry to revive an old thread but didn't want to start a new one. When I have the band in the car and it syncs with my car, which takes over control; the car or the band?

Secondly... when using Drive Mode with the band, once I leave the car, my phone still stays stuck in Drive Mode for some odd reason. I guess it is thinking it is still connected to a bluetooth that is my car but it's actually the band. Hopefully that makes sense.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok sorry to revive an old thread but didn't want to start a new one. When I have the band in the car and it syncs with my car, which takes over control; the car or the band?

Secondly... when using Drive Mode with the band, once I leave the car, my phone still stays stuck in Drive Mode for some odd reason. I guess it is thinking it is still connected to a bluetooth that is my car but it's actually the band. Hopefully that makes sense.

I don't have the Band but in the driver mode option you can tell your phone which Bluetooth should be the specific Bluetooth to use while in the car.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3