Watch Mode brightness - day time during running

smatofu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I just returned from my outdoor run. The day is very bright.

1. There is no day time when the watch is in the running mode.

2. I can click the middle button and switch the watch into the Watch Mode, but the display is extremely dim.

3. Does the Auto Set Brightness work for the Watch Mode or only when the watch is fully active?

Thanks,
S

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
You can try switching the display to full brightness, but I suspect the display just doesn't have what it takes for full sun. If true, that makes the mode irrelevant for that situation.

smatofu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you DroidUser42.

The display is good enough for full outdoor brightness, but there is a huge jump in the brightness between the active/running mode and the Watch Mode. The Watch Mode in the sun looks like the watch is off.

Microsoft, please either:
- add day time to the running metrics, or
- increase the Watch Mode brightness when running is active (because often people run outside).

S.

smatofu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine doesn't go into the watch mode as well. But, I do it (by clicking the middle button) when I want to check day/current time.

How do you check what time it is when you are running?

Thanks,
S.

smatofu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Help please!

I am running outside in my lunch time. I have to know what time of day it is. It seems like a very basic functionality.
Unfortunately, I cannot say what time of day it is when running outdoors with Microsoft Band. The display is bright enough, but when I switch to the Watch Mode, the display becomes completely dim.

Am I missing something? I don't want to wear 2 watches!!!

Thanks,
S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99