Just something I noticed today: my band died on me overnight, not a big deal. I picked up a spare charger for the car for so that I can charge it during my commute thru rush hour anyway. When I plugged it in to the car charger, the counter read 0, as you would it aspect it to being that it was off. After 45 minutes of driving, I go to check my battery percentage (it was 80%) and I noticed that 216 steps have been tracked. Is the step counter that sensitive that it can't tell the difference between a human step and the dodging and weaving of NY potholes and other treacherous drivers? Anyone else encounter this?

Note: When I charge my band in my car, I normally keep the band inside the cup holder. It does a pretty decent job keeping it in place. And no, the bluetooth is not on.
    11-19-2014 10:31 AM
    I'll look at a before and after on my way home later. I've actually noticed that the Band is much much more aggressive about not counting false steps than the Nike Fuelband and Jawbone Up24. It's actually too aggressive. If I'm not moving my arms, it doesn't register my steps. If I don't walk far enough, it doesn't register my steps. So at the end of the day, I am certain that I've been shorted quite a few steps. They need to tweak the algorithm.
    11-19-2014 11:03 AM
    Interesting, looking forward to seeing your results. Thanks!
    11-19-2014 11:06 AM