Here we go...litigation starting using wearables data!

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
You collect it, a lawyer will want it. Hard telling just how they might use it. Perhaps as a alibi? Proof that someone was relaxing around home when a violent murder took place?

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Just like their doing with young drivers in the UK, installing telemetry devices to observe good driving for cheap car insurance; I'm waiting for health insurance companies to start giving discounts if you're tagged with a fitbit or something.

This is all getting 1984 lol

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for health insurance companies to start giving discounts if you're tagged with a fitbit or something.

We already get a discount at my work for this! I asked our HR VP if any data uploaded was company property or my property. At this years ABE (Annual Benefit Election) window it was my data, and was being encouraged so that we could manage our health better, ie, eat less, walk more, lose weight, etc.

However, we all know that's gonna change. My hope that I'll be able to manage it all independently so its not on some health insurers website, or company website, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel