[Band] USB Device Not Recognized

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
When attempting to use the Band sync app on my Windows 8.1 PC, I receive the title message. Also, the Band does not indicate it is being charged.

I have tried several different USB ports (Both 2.0 and 3.0) with the same result. Also tried on a Mac running Yosemite. The Band will indicate it is being charged but the sync software says it is not connected. This leaves me to conclude the Band itself is having a problem.

Any advice?

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
When attempting to use the Band sync app on my Windows 8.1 PC, I receive the title message. Also, the Band does not indicate it is being charged.

I have tried several different USB ports (Both 2.0 and 3.0) with the same result. Also tried on a Mac running Yosemite. The Band will indicate it is being charged but the sync software says it is not connected. This leaves me to conclude the Band itself is having a problem.

Any advice?

I don't have a band so I have no clue exactly what to say. However through logical thinking there might be some solutions available to you.

Have you reset the band yet?
Did you try a factory reset?

Besides that the only thing not working would be the USB port or to be accurate, the controller that's attached to the USB port isn't working properly.

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Cleaning the contacts was the first thing I did.

To answer ShinraCorp - Yes, I have tried both a soft and hard reset with no improvement.

Yossarian2014

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Same here. PC App is worthless though so I just gave up using synching to PC and just synch to phone app. Seen it reported by several others here also.

PhalanxPunx

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. I've cleaned the band, done soft and hard resets, tried it on Windows 8.1, Windows 7, and even tried on my Surface RT. On the Windows 7 machine it will charge but not on the others. Very odd, and annoying as while it charges on the Win7 machine it constantly does the noise of plugging in and unplugging a USB device.

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, after dinking around with this issue since my original post, I think I've found a solution.

Set-up the Band as usual (Turn on Watch Mode if not already on.)
Open the app. If it automatically signs into your Microsoft account - sign out.
Attach the Band.
If the app does not automatically sign back into your Microsoft account do so now.

Following this procedure my Band finally connected, synced and checked for any firmware updates - just like it should.

The tip-off was an error message I received when trying to connect the Band via an iMac. It reported a http 501 error which basically means invalid log-in.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue - it was the contacts. Cleaned w/ an eraser and fixed it right up.
OK - just kidding. It worked but then stopped after the band rebooted. That was on my Surface Pro 3. Installed Band sync app on another PC - same problem. Will see if I can figure this out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb