Anyone developed a rash/bumps?

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Its more then likely due to sweat drying on your wrist due to the band. In time your skin will adjust to it. Strange I know but think of playing a guitar.... Your fingers get sore then after a while the skin goes really hard. Your just at the first stage now. In time it will go

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my Band a little more than 2 weeks ago and have worn it about 20 hours a day, every day since then. I noticed about 4 days ago that I was developing a small red mark/rash on the side of my wrist.
I used to have a watch with a clasp that I was allergic to, gave me a rash in a few days. I have worn the band since day one though and not had any problem. Did you ever have any other skin allergies?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I did. It was from the heart rate monitor (clasp side) of the band. I flipped it over so the screen was on the underside of my wrist (hoping my arm hair would provide more protection from irritation), which worked.

Brian Farkas

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I know of reports of this happening, two solutions have seemed to work for them all. First it is important to note their recommendation to wipe the charging area before/after charging to keep the area clear of sweat and prevent corrosion which can also lead to this type of reaction. The other point was that those whom had this type of reaction seem to have had their bands on too tight, once they took it off for a few days the rash disappeared and when they put it back on looser, it never reappeared.

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a watch with a clasp that I was allergic to, gave me a rash in a few days. I have worn the band since day one though and not had any problem. Did you ever have any other skin allergies?

To Joe 920: No, I don't believe I have any skin allergies. I have never worn a watch or any type of jewelry on my hands/wrist/fingers though, so I can't be completely sure. I would say that I may have sensitive skin.

I know of reports of this happening, two solutions have seemed to work for them all. First it is important to note their recommendation to wipe the charging area before/after charging to keep the area clear of sweat and prevent corrosion which can also lead to this type of reaction. The other point was that those whom had this type of reaction seem to have had their bands on too tight, once they took it off for a few days the rash disappeared and when they put it back on looser, it never reappeared.

To Brian Farkas: Yeah, the Support tech gave me the advice to wipe/clean the charging area as well. I will also be trying to loosen the Band from how I normally wear it.

Thank you for the input everyone!

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I had some minor irritation and decided to switch arms when I go to sleep. So while I probably wear my band 22 hours a day, my arm gets a 8 hour break. No problems after I started doing that.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
had to check my wrist for signs. nothing. I've been wearing mine non-stop for weeks now.
Maybe your wrist wants to grow into one with the Band and you turn into a Cyborg.
​Hope you can solve the issue.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it could be from the metal that surrounds the charger and sensor. Some people (including me) have a reaction to certain metallic objects on my skin. I saw a carbon fiber protector for the band online that included protectors that covered those metal outlines. Perhaps something like that would help.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Fitbit a similar problem with the materials used in its Fitbit Force model. So much so they had to recall and stop selling it. This could be what users of Microsoft's Band might be up against. I'm going to wait to see if there is some official statement from MS about this rash. Might only be the result of always on sensors.

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if it could be from the metal that surrounds the charger and sensor. Some people (including me) have a reaction to certain metallic objects on my skin. I saw a carbon fiber protector for the band online that included protectors that covered those metal outlines. Perhaps something like that would help.

I definitely think I will look into this as a solution as well. I prefer wearing the Band on my left forearm and would rather not have to switch it at night, but this may help! Thank you for letting me know about this. Do you happen to have a website link to the protector?

Fitbit a similar problem with the materials used in its Fitbit Force model. So much so they had to recall and stop selling it. This could be what users of Microsoft's Band might be up against. I'm going to wait to see if there is some official statement from MS about this rash. Might only be the result of always on sensors.

Ahhh, from when I called Microsoft Support it sounded like (or at least they were letting on for posterity purposes) I was kind of a unique case and this didn't happen to everyone. I hope this isn't a wide-spread issue like Fitbit Force's model!

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a minor rash but figure it will clear up as my wrist gets used to the band. It already seems to be getting better but it is in the exact same spot as yours (bottom of my wrist where the charging contacts are). I haven't worn a watch in several years so I figure it's just a minor sensitivity issue that will clear up.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Note that those metal contacts are used by the phone to determine if you are wearing it. (Galvanic sensor) So covering them may make the band not operate correctly.

I leave mine loose most of the time except during exercise which means it moves around a bit and doesn't stay in one place. That may help as others have suggested.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

But if I recall correctly, FitBit and the feds determined it was a minor problem limited to a very small percentage of the population. They brought it back with the same design and just tell people if they have issues to use something else.

Karpito

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm fine, but my band is developing the rush/bumps (bubbles?).
I think the band is allergic to me.

Also believe that these bumps are the reason I can't sync my band to my pc using the usb cable.

band.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss