Muted SMS notifications

bAN01TgAZ

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to stop 'muted' sms threads from being transmitted to the band?

It's my only gripe so far...

My 'Twitter' SMS thread is muted, however the band is being spammed by notifications from the muted threads, as well as twitter feed & twitter emails...

I'm considering adding the twitter phone number to blocked numbers, then at least I still receive them, I just have to look in a different place.

any other workaround appreciated before I take such drastic action???

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For some reason texts always have priority. Even when quiet hours are turned on, the Band still vibrates in response to a text.

What I think is happening is that the OS is still handing off the notification to the Health app, regardless of whether the text is muted or quiet hours is on. The Health app then automatically forwards that to the Band. I could be wrong, but I also doubt think that there exists an API that allows an app to programmatically determine if a text is muted or if the phone is on quiet hours. This might require a full fledged system OS update to fix...

In your Twitter situation, I think that using the blocked list might be your best bet if you want to keep SMS's from Twitter enabled

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
For some reason texts always have priority. Even when quiet hours are turned on, the Band still vibrates in response to a text.

What I think is happening is that the OS is still handing off the notification to the Health app, regardless of whether the text is muted or quiet hours is on. The Health app then automatically forwards that to the Band. I could be wrong, but I also doubt think that there exists an API that allows an app to programmatically determine if a text is muted or if the phone is on quiet hours. This might require a full fledged system OS update to fix...

In your Twitter situation, I think that using the blocked list might be your best bet if you want to keep SMS's from Twitter enabled

You get notifications while in sleep mode? I want to but mine won't do it.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
You get notifications while in sleep mode? I want to but mine won't do it.
Quiet hours is different to sleep mode. I think WhiteLitenite means when the phone is in quiet hours (band still on) he is getting his notifications. When the band is in sleep mode all contact with the phone is severed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos