Is there a way to stop 'muted' sms threads from being transmitted to the band?

It's my only gripe so far...

My 'Twitter' SMS thread is muted, however the band is being spammed by notifications from the muted threads, as well as twitter feed & twitter emails...

I'm considering adding the twitter phone number to blocked numbers, then at least I still receive them, I just have to look in a different place.

any other workaround appreciated before I take such drastic action???
    12-03-2014 05:41 PM
    12-03-2014 07:29 PM
    No, that only impacts mail notifications as the name of the feature indicates.
    12-03-2014 11:53 PM
    No, that only impacts mail notifications as the name of the feature indicates.
    I did only say it "might"
    12-04-2014 12:14 AM
    For some reason texts always have priority. Even when quiet hours are turned on, the Band still vibrates in response to a text.

What I think is happening is that the OS is still handing off the notification to the Health app, regardless of whether the text is muted or quiet hours is on. The Health app then automatically forwards that to the Band. I could be wrong, but I also doubt think that there exists an API that allows an app to programmatically determine if a text is muted or if the phone is on quiet hours. This might require a full fledged system OS update to fix...

In your Twitter situation, I think that using the blocked list might be your best bet if you want to keep SMS's from Twitter enabled
    12-04-2014 07:05 AM
    For some reason texts always have priority. Even when quiet hours are turned on, the Band still vibrates in response to a text.

What I think is happening is that the OS is still handing off the notification to the Health app, regardless of whether the text is muted or quiet hours is on. The Health app then automatically forwards that to the Band. I could be wrong, but I also doubt think that there exists an API that allows an app to programmatically determine if a text is muted or if the phone is on quiet hours. This might require a full fledged system OS update to fix...

In your Twitter situation, I think that using the blocked list might be your best bet if you want to keep SMS's from Twitter enabled
    You get notifications while in sleep mode? I want to but mine won't do it.
    12-04-2014 08:08 AM
    You get notifications while in sleep mode? I want to but mine won't do it.
    Quiet hours is different to sleep mode. I think WhiteLitenite means when the phone is in quiet hours (band still on) he is getting his notifications. When the band is in sleep mode all contact with the phone is severed.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    12-04-2014 10:17 AM
    Easiest fix is to just go to Twitter and turn off text notifications. The twitter app should do everything else for you.
    ven07 likes this.
    12-04-2014 11:43 PM