Weather Tile and Stocks tile

joeactuary

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
The only way I can get the weather app and the stocks tile to update us to pull out my iphone and sync from the Microsoft Health App. This, of course makes the whole point of checking it on the band pointless.

Is this ever going to be fixed?

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It should be auto updating periodically. Are things like notifications still working fine? Also, do you accidentally have background updates for the Health app disabled? Check under iOS Settings>Background App Refresh.

sjjones

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6plus and weather tile works fine, I really don't know about the stocks because I don't care, maybe try resetting the device?

Bull94

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue I checked the refresh setting am I suppost to keep the microsoft app open in the background? I'm also wondering could it be because I'm using an iPhone 4S and it's not updated to ios 8? (Currently waiting on my iPhone 6 to arrive)

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue I checked the refresh setting am I suppost to keep the microsoft app open in the background? I'm also wondering could it be because I'm using an iPhone 4S and it's not updated to ios 8? (Currently waiting on my iPhone 6 to arrive)

i don't think it's because of your iPhone 4S. i'm on an iPhone 6 with newest version of iOS and those tiles aren't updating unless i sync.

i haven't tried leaving the microsoft health app open in the background yet. i'll try it now and see what happens.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
so 30 mins later with the app open in the background on my iPhone. the stocks tile updated (i'm gonna assume 30 min increments since that's what it's showing)

still no update to the weather tile. have been receiving facebook, twitter, email, and notification center notifications the whole time, but still no change in the weather tile's "last updated" section.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
another update:

both tiles have been updating at the same time. last one was approx 8-9 mins ago. i'm not sure if it's because i left the app running in the background or what. i also don't know what the update interval is yet. could be every 30 mins. will test some more.

Bull94

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I tried it as well after I posted this morning. It seems like we have to leave it open in the background. Also I know this is a different topic but does your band seem to be ridiculous at measuring heart rate? Sometimes it seems right and then it shoots to 140 when resting and has to keep trying to "acquire" your heart rate?

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I tried it as well after I posted this morning. It seems like we have to leave it open in the background. Also I know this is a different topic but does your band seem to be ridiculous at measuring heart rate? Sometimes it seems right and then it shoots to 140 when resting and has to keep trying to "acquire" your heart rate?

yes, sometimes when i try to see what my current heart rate is, i've seen it say as high as 160's; however, when i go to the graphs in the app, it never shows them that high, so i think it's working ok for me.

i just went to acquire my heart rate and it was around 60's-70's which should be pretty accurate.

also an update on weather and stocks update intervals:
yesterday i kept an eye on it and it seemed to update stocks every 20-30 minutes with the app running in the background.
weather on the other hand updates much less frequently, maybe every hour and a half? i'll keep an eye on it more today. i've started a sheet on my computer so i can document all of the times it updates.

Bull94

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
My stocks tile seems to update around every thirty minutes sometimes sooner. I haven't checked the weather tile enough to give an answer I keep forgetting to check it. Hopefully I'll remember to check it so I can give you a better answer.

I just found out we have to calibrate our bands by going for a walk/run with GPS on so it learns how our bodies take steps and everything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99