Galvanic Skin Sensor Corroding

jwpear

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the galvanic skin sensor under the face of my Band is corroding. Interestingly, the one under the clasp is not. I do wipe mine off per the cleaning instructions. I wear mine 22-23 hours a day.

I work out with the Band, but remove it afterwards and wipe it off. That's also the time I charge it, since I'm getting a shower anyway.

I have had my Band since the evening of Oct 31. I've pretty much worn it every day since. I wear the Band face in.

Anyone else have this corrosion on their Band?

WP_20141204_12_21_02_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would guess that if you are charging after a workout, the electrical conductivity of the salt in your sweat mixed with the electricity flowing through the contact points is causing the rapid corrosion... Even though you are drying it off, microscopically, it is still damp. I dry mine off with a towel or whatever, but I also place my Band on top of my air purifier to completely dry it after a workout. I also follow the MS cleaning protocols as well.
Sorry to see that happening.

Last edited:

Karpito

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I posted about this in the other tread.
I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one with this issue. My band looks much worse than yours :(
I called MS this morning, sent them pictures and they'll send me a replacement.
I ask them to investigate what's causing this. He said they will...
Unfortunately I believe we're going to see this more and more. I don't think the problem is my/your skin or body fluids as someone suggested.

jwpear

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I called MS this morning, sent them pictures and they'll send me a replacement.
Unfortunately I believe we're going to see this more and more. I don't think the problem is my/your skin or body fluids as someone suggested.

I think I'll call them too. Seeing this so soon makes me worry about the longevity of the Band. I don't expect this thing to last forever, particularly since I wear while working out, but I would like to get a couple of years out of it.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not seeing any corrosion on my Band, but I am getting some stretching and separation of the rubberized coating on one side of the inner left band.

Attachments

• WP_20141206_21_43_53_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141206_21_43_53_Pro.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte