Cycling (or spinning) with the Band...(and ANT+?)

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else here is using the Band for cycling or spinning. Do you track it as a 'run' or as a 'workout'? I've used both, and can't really decide which is better. Currently I'm using 'run' for cycling outdoors, and workout for spinning or cycling with the rollers, though 'run' with the gps turned off seems to work as well. Sure wish there were more categories on offer for activity type!

Also, does anybody think we'll ever see Ant+ support on Windows Phone? I know Garmin has an ANT Agent program that works with Windows 8.1 and a usb Ant stick, but that's not going to do anything with Windows Phone, is it? Right now I have my old android Note 2 that I'm using as a bike computer just so I can utilize my speed and cadence sensors. Sure would be nice to be able to use them directly through the Health App on my One M8, or even using a program like Endomondo. Sure do hope that MS realize the potential they have to give us more granular data!

willgill

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I used it in the Workout mode and then changed the name of the workout to "Spin". My biggest issue was the HRM was so far off it was irritating. I had been using a Garmin 310XT with heartrate strap, but am trying to rid myself of the strap.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, optical HRM has a long way to go. Its certainly not specific to the Band, I also have a Fitbit Surge. So far I haven't really developed an opinion as to which is better, but neither can compete with a strap.

willgill

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
When in a Spin class, does anyone know the difference between using the workout mode vs using the new bike mode with GPS off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786