Curious whether anyone else with the Lumia Icon is using the Microsoft Band.

given the so-so battery life of the Icon, I was hopeful that using the Band might help as I wouldn't be pulling it out of my pocket so often and turning on the screen (which is true). but sometimes it seems the battery actually drains faster than before, which I might ascribe to the lack of low-energy bluetooth support since the Icon still doesn't have the cyan firmware update.

is this possible or am I wrong?
    12-17-2014 10:45 AM
    Curious whether anyone else with the Lumia Icon is using the Microsoft Band.

given the so-so battery life of the Icon, I was hopeful that using the Band might help as I wouldn't be pulling it out of my pocket so often and turning on the screen (which is true). but sometimes it seems the battery actually drains faster than before, which I might ascribe to the lack of low-energy bluetooth support since the Icon still doesn't have the cyan firmware update.

is this possible or am I wrong?

It definitely takes a hit. Makes me reach for the charger earlier in the day. But it definitely keeps me from having to look at it often.
    TheZuneLune likes this.
    12-17-2014 09:07 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'm fixing to get a Band and I have the Icon. Btw. It looks like we (Icon users) will get Denim in early Jan. Verizon is skipping Cyan. I guess it had too many problems.
    12-20-2014 06:40 PM
    I too have an Icon and just picked up the last Band at my local Microsoft Store this morning! You can bet on it that I'll be keeping a keen eye on the battery life over the next few days at least. I'll post anything I notice good or bad. I'm just glad I can connect it to the Icon as I was under the belief that you had to have at least Cyan for it to sync.
    12-23-2014 06:34 PM
    I just got my Band today. I haven't really noticed a significant battery drain. I'll keep an eye on it though.
    12-23-2014 11:03 PM
    I got the band right after it was released, I haven't seen any appreciable change in Icon's battery life.
    12-23-2014 11:19 PM
    I have been using the combo since launch and I would say it is a slight hit, but not big. Hoping that Denim will improve battery performance for the Icon, though.
    12-24-2014 06:36 AM
    I have yet to see any substantial hit to the Icon battery life...
    12-27-2014 09:11 AM
    I've been using the Band with the Icon since it's release and I don't see it as being the source of a battery problem.

With my Icon, I find the biggest problems having to do with background processes that keep running. I've turned most off since I really don't want to be bothered with every new sports or news bulletin. When I want to view it, I click the icon and check data. Battery life improved dramatically.

Also, turn off wi-fi when not using it ( or it will continually search for it and run down the battery ). Low signal strength from your carrier also means continued searching / connecting to cells and that draws power.

I have the vertical Nokia charger on my desk and the phone sits there, so when I grab it to go somewhere, it is always at a full charge. That helps a lot, and notifications will display when they come in, so I see them.

Play with it a bit. You can get a good balance.
    12-27-2014 07:03 PM
    The battery life on my Icon has dropped since pairing with the Band. I'm just guessing, but I estimate 15-20 percent less battery at the end of the day. I used to see remaining battery in 40's, but now I'm seeing 20's and 30's. Battery Saver lists the MS Health app as the fourth most demanding of power over the last week, behind FB, IE, and, oddly, OneDrive. Mail is 5th and 6th--I have two accounts synching. Mail would be second if both combined. MS Health is number one for background use.

I have had my Icon for about four months, so I don't think this should be caused by an aging battery. I charge my Icon once a day with the Nokia charging plate. I'm running dev preview, so have WP 8.1 Update.

I've had the Band since Oct 31. Just got a replacement from MS about ten days ago due to corrosion of Galvanic Skin Sensor under face. Battery life seemed to drop a little more on my Icon in the first several days after pairing with the new Band. But then it improved to point it was with my original Band.

I do wear my Band continuously with exception of time off to charge--30 mins to 1.5 hours, depending on if I want 80 or 100 percent charge. I monitor sleep. Get email, txt, and notifications. I also work out 45-60 mins, 3-4 times a week with it.

I can manage the Icon battery drain as is, but would like to see it get back to pre-Band battery life. I'm anxiously awaiting Denim with BT 4.0 LE and SensorCore activation.
    12-29-2014 09:35 AM