01-06-2015 12:49 PM
28 12
tools
    Another biased and inaccurate article about the Band. It was rated as the worse because it was "uncomfortable" and the price "$275".

The year in reviews: a look back at the worst gadgets of 2014
    FredBloggs007 likes this.
    12-25-2014 06:37 PM
    The comments made me happy, surprisingly.
    Likwidz and noobchief like this.
    12-25-2014 07:20 PM
    more like Engadget's worst article of 2014.

although, if you have a really small wrist, I can see how the Band would not fit b/c the screen is wider than your wrist.
    12-25-2014 11:10 PM
    I was surprised at the amount of support for the Band.
    xandros9 and jojoe42 like this.
    12-26-2014 01:25 AM
    Price is $200 and uncomfortable is very subjective. I've worn mine nonstop since the day it came out...i barely notice it.
    MaxyBley, Hoekie and Witness like this.
    12-26-2014 08:07 AM
    Another biased and inaccurate article about the Band. It was rated as the worse because it was "uncomfortable" and the price "$275".

The year in reviews: a look back at the worst gadgets of 2014
    Yeah - I read the same story too and wondered where they got the price from - eBay!!!
    12-26-2014 05:59 PM
    even though i'm a huge fan of Microsoft and i'm hugely interested in Band, i'm going to wait for v2 because i agree with engadget. wearable needs to be stylish and comfortable, and Band isn't.
    12-26-2014 11:41 PM
    even though i'm a huge fan of Microsoft and i'm hugely interested in Band, i'm going to wait for v2 because i agree with engadget. wearable needs to be stylish and comfortable, and Band isn't.
    And Apple Watch is stylish?
    Likwidz likes this.
    12-27-2014 12:34 AM
    Haha $275? Where they buying their gadget? Lol for "smart people" they seem to be really stupid to pay $275. I got mine for 199.99 plus taxes with a 5% discount. 😊
    xandros9, Likwidz, jojoe42 and 1 others like this.
    12-27-2014 12:47 AM
    And Apple Watch is stylish?
    Where did the previous poster mention the Apple Watch?
    snowmutt, xandros9 and Y2HBK like this.
    12-27-2014 04:34 AM
    Where did the previous poster mention the Apple Watch?
    I'm talking about that they mentioned that MS Band was ugly. But and about Apple Watch? LOL
    12-27-2014 01:27 PM
    I think the Band is quite a beauty though
    realwarder, xandros9 and Hoekie like this.
    12-27-2014 02:03 PM
    It's pretty comfortable if you don't get one that is too small. You know, like shoes, pants, shirts, etc.
    realwarder, xandros9 and Likwidz like this.
    12-27-2014 10:39 PM
    I'm talking about that they mentioned that MS Band was ugly. But and about Apple Watch? LOL
    But what does that have to do with what the person said?
    Y2HBK likes this.
    12-31-2014 03:41 AM
    Actually, I find it comfortable. Rarely notice it's on my arm which is a sign of comfort. The first 5 days of wearing it, sure you notice it but after that it vanishes.
    12-31-2014 07:42 AM
    I'm confused. People who are fans of Microsoft still read that rag?

01-02-2015 01:38 PM
    I was confused by the review score haha. They praised the tech, just it didn't fit their wrist well. I can completely understand, I can't wear the thing on my right arm because I can tell its there and it feels, wrong, but it happens to be fine on my left arm. To be honest, I'm starting to care less about the scores on the reviews, and more about the points they bring up in the review. At the end of the day, what matters is if it's what you're looking for.

Me, I got a utilitarian device that helps me stare at my phone less and doesn't try to scream "I have a smartwatch". Am happy right now regardless of whatever any reviewer says.
    01-05-2015 05:10 AM
    When it comes to myriad issues I have with the Band as a product, comfort and looks are not one of them. When it's on my wrist, I don't notice it - never did. Maybe it's because I always wore watch my whole life and therefore the Band does not really bother me. I do have issue with the design that is too rigid, resulting in having three sizes (which is ridiculous thing if you think about it) and some wrists just not conforming to the band at all. Specifically women with small bony wrists can't wear band even in the small size.
    As for the looks, besides display that is easier to scratch then even $20 cheapo Chinese electronic watches, the rest of the package, if it sits on the wrist properly is actually quite nice. I wear my Band face down (the only way to comfortably read the text on that long horizontal display) and so others mostly see one continuous matte black band on my wrist that is not too thick and clasp that blends very well and adds some design detail on the otherwise unnoticeable product.
    I can easily see why many would not find Band comfortable or good looking. It all really depends on the person's wrist. If it works, it works, and if it doesn't, folks would not like both comfort and look.

Though I understand why MS chose the design they dd (to add battery capacity on two sides of the wrist and to place HRM opposite of the watch to reduce overall thickness) Microsoft should rethink the design for the second iteration to get rid of size-specific bands and rigidity. Hopefully, better technology would allow them to do what they just could not do at first.

I think Apple would lead the way for now with the design and we should see other companies quickly falling in line and copycatting what works (Samsung, I am looking at you ;-))
    01-05-2015 08:32 AM
    Amazing how this worst gadget keeps selling out of stock as soon as any inventory hits..
    Likwidz and Hoekie like this.
    01-05-2015 11:23 AM
    Amazing how this worst gadget keeps selling out of stock as soon as any inventory hits..
    Yes, it's especially amazing considering 'fresh' inventories are in the low 4-digits every week. While Apple is selling millions upon millions of their latest phones, MS is creating a perceived shortage throwing few thousands of Bands on the market once a week.
    antiochian2010 likes this.
    01-05-2015 11:42 AM
    Yes, it's especially amazing considering 'fresh' inventories are in the low 4-digits every week. While Apple is selling millions upon millions of their latest phones, MS is creating a perceived shortage throwing few thousands of Bands on the market once a week.
    I did not realize that. Oh well.. still enjoying mine regardless..
    01-05-2015 11:47 AM
    Source?
    01-05-2015 11:50 AM
    No hard data. Just a conversation I had with 'MS boy' at one of their stores. They usually receive only about a hundred or so of Bands to sell in a week. Multiply that by all MS store locations (a total of 102), throw in some Internet sales through MS site and it does not add up to much.
    01-05-2015 01:18 PM
    Another unscientific observation -

In spite of it's faults, think MS really cracked the code with the band.

I have been using Windows Phones since almost Day One (the current iteration; was never on Windows Mobile) for the last 4 years or so. In spite of my enthusiasm with the OS which is as much now as back when I converted over from Android, the best I have received from friends is mild interest. I converted one friend who now has the 925, but I can tell there isn't the same love - except when Cyan finally hit he thought the new calendar finally made the OS workable.

Skip to last week when I bought my band - every single day I get questions and compliments. Rather than the Windows Phone disdain, people are asking me how much it costs, and they love the demo I give. MS was also very smart to get Starbucks on board with this. People see me holding the band up to the checkout sensor and some have actually followed me to ask if they could get a closer look. Not one negative comment so far.

Even if MS is creating scarcity, I think that the enthusiasm over this is very widespread and very real!
    Likwidz and Hoekie like this.
    01-06-2015 11:07 AM
    PS: For any band owners out there - Pimp My Band app is MANDATORY.. So cool being able to create wallpapers! This one is from a shot I took with my L930 at the Getty Villa..

wp_20150106_09_10_37_raw.jpg
    01-06-2015 11:12 AM
28 12