I called my closest store and got redirected to the retail support center. Asked to be transferred to the actual store and the guy asked what about and I replied band stock. He said "I can tell you for a fact they don't have any" but I asked to be transferred anyways.

Upon being connected, the girl said "yeah, we have several small ones in stock"

tl;dr: always talk to the store themselves.
    princeegli likes this.
    01-05-2015 08:16 PM
    Went to my local MS Store New Year's Eve, had bands, but only Small, I was looking for Medium. Lady at the store says if you call the main MS Store number asking for stock, tell them to transfer the call directly yor them.

So this morning I called the main number, they said store was sold out. I asked if I could be transferred to the store, but they said no since most stores were complaining about calls asking about the Band, so they said no.

I called again this afternoon, woman on the phone said they were still sold out but... Their info was at least 2 hours old, so they could have gotten some in. She also suggested a FitBit, which pretty much shocked the crap out of me...

So since the store is close to me, I decided to pop in... And to my amazement... They had a lot of them in stock, and in my size!!!

So yes, don't trust the main number...
    princeegli and Hoekie like this.
    01-05-2015 08:43 PM
    I got my two local MS stores direct phone numbers and have been calling them. Still waiting for them to get stock in though :(
    01-06-2015 12:53 AM
    I was just told by the store to press 4 at the prompt and it'll connect you directly.

The Beachwood place store has all 3 sizes of band in stock as of 2:45pm btw
    01-07-2015 01:46 PM
    The press 4 worked for me. I got the tech room at the store, but she was nice enough to check the stock for me and give me some more info on the sizes. With the 2 hour one way trip to get one, glad I was able to confirm.
    01-07-2015 02:43 PM
    Using this call center thing that doesn't have realtime info is horrible PR for Microsoft.
    01-07-2015 03:06 PM
    I finally just physically went into the store, and there they were.... Got my band yesterday, our local kiosk received a good number of them.
    01-08-2015 01:28 AM
    +1. Daily calls to Online Store constantly indicated there was zero stock at the Pentagon City store in VA, but I showed up yesterday and they had inventory. The salesperson indicated Band sales had not picked up much since the initial rush when it first came out.
    01-08-2015 08:10 AM
    Same story for me including the part where the call center refused to transfer me to my local MS store. However, one very interesting part of my experience, while in the local store (and they had plenty of bands in stock in every size) I complained about my call center experience. The sales rep apologized and said they were frustrated that the call center was not connecting people to the store and gave me the direct number. She then passed along info that they were notified this was the last shipment for "version 1". They were not given any other information about the release of a version 2 or if there was ever going to be a version 2. Current situation surrounding the MS Band seems very strange/curious...
    01-08-2015 11:40 AM