What apps do people use?

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I love my Band, however there doesn?t seem to be anyway to retrieve the historical data.

I?m running Windows Phone 8.1.

• Microsoft Health app: shows daily data and an overview of the past week, but nothing in depth and nothing beyond that. The Sleep Tracker only shows the previous night without any history.
  • HealthVault app: has zero information besides Profile, Health Info (allergies?), and Measurements.
  • HeatlhVault.com; same as app. but has ?Apps and Devices?. Microsoft Health is not listed as an app. Microsoft Band is not listed as a device.
The Microsoft Health app allows you to select myfitnespal as a connected app, but the myfitnespal does not have a setting to select the band as a device and doesnt have any info from the band.

Beyond simply looking at the band or the Health app which shows real time data, is there anyway to look at the data over a period of time?

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
To get real historical data, you need to use the Microsoft Health App to get historical data... and even then, the only historical data it will show are steps and calories (scroll down on the respective screens).

I have it attached to MyFitnessPal, but all it does it update the calories burned, poorly at best.

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't use the band, but have you tried maybe Runtastic?

Microsoft Health only allows you to connect myfitnespal and Runkeeper.
Runkeeper doesn't have a Windows Phone app. Runstastic does have an app but it doesnt let you select a device.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I think Runkeeper will do what you want. I can go into the advanced fitness reports and get various graphs broken down by day/month/year, day of week.........I haven't really had time to check it all out, but there appear to be quite a few possible variables. It appears to present awake time and times awoken, but doesn't differentiate between restful and light sleep. Its presented somewhat differently than the graph on the health app, and without the 'elite' subscription from Runkeeper, you can only see total sleep time for a given day/week/month.

Edit: This is viewing on the Runkeeper website, there is no WP app. I don't know if its viewable on Android or IOS.

I don't believe Runtastic syncs with MS Health.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
They really need to add the historical sleep (and a way to at least view live data from all the other sensors) to the Microsoft Health app.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I went to check something else, and now if you hit the hamburger button there's a new option called Activity History that can be used to pull up Runs, Guided Workouts, and Sleep which can be filtered using the, I guess, staggered hamburger button.

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
yeah, that's a good point.. some data is there and accessible with the hamburger.. but steps, calories burned and heart rate are missing.

Hopefully they will make all the data accessible via the web.... and tracking calories in and out are not as seamless as it should be right now.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're looking for more detailed than day, steps and calories burned can be found under their respective tiles going back to when you started using your band.

They give you a graph of your heart rate for each day and activity by clicking on the graph.

I do hope they add calories in because, assuming it's as good as fitbit, my fitness pal, our Microsoft's other app, I could just use this one.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I went to check something else, and now if you hit the hamburger button there's a new option called Activity History that can be used to pull up Runs, Guided Workouts, and Sleep which can be filtered using the, I guess, staggered hamburger button.

As far as I know, Activity History was always there...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes