Band shutting off/powering down on it's own

BrunEngr

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue too. Got my band in December of 2014 wear it every day. Noticed it started shutting off when disconnecting from a charge and then a couple days ago it distorted shutting off about 30 seconds after starting it up. I tried the hard reset, didn't work so I chatted with a Microsoft rep and they determined it is a battery issue. They told me to take it and the charger to the local Microsoft store where I bought it for a warranty replacement. It was a quick easy process the tech representative had all the information from the online chat and was able to quickly replace my band.

cmdrironman

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue. I think it has something to do with grounding.

When it used to shut off on my wrist, I would leave it off while wearing it for 5-10 minutes, then power it on. It would be fine all day until the next day. After about 2 weeks of dealing with it, the problem gradually disappeared.

Now it happens to me once in a great while, but I have noticed it correlates with when my skin is very dry.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I had issue and it got worse and worse I tried un pairing uninstalling/reinstalling MS health soft resets all the suggestions from the forums . I did not buy from m and the closest store is three+ hours away . I as going to switch to a fit bit charge, I went to Sam's Club paid my money went to the closet to get it and they had just sold the last one. Had to wait until Thursday to get more in. Did not want to wait so I went to a Wal-Mart Got one of their cards the Associate was talking with another associate and she left and instead of waiting on me he took up helping a lady who walked up after I did. I put the card up and went to the Best Buy where I discovered in the Fit Bit display MS Bands. So I bought one and all is well

Astronaut Lovell

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
My band had the same issue, the metal contact on the charger had become corroded, strange bubble shapes had appeared on it, and the charger no longer would sit correct either.

I ended up getting it replaced, the new one works well so far. (Except for the microphone not working) The same effect on the metal is appearing though, and I have been very careful to only clean it using the directions on the Microsoft website and not let any thing else touch it.

The reps at the Microsoft store indicates this is caused by our sweat.

Kladoosh

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Any news about this Problem? My Band started shutting down after 3 Month. Unfortunately I am living in Germany so returning it is almost impossible for me, as Microsoft does not provide any support here. Die anyone check the health of the battrries yet? Maybe the charging indicator is wrong and the Batteries are not balanced?

Deawoo9

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, my starting doing it on the 12th as well, just randomly shutting down, battery near full and have done the reset but to no avail it is still doing it.

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
mine has been doing this quite a bit lately resets dont seem to help. the only thing working for me is shutting it down for an hour or so then it works for another day and does it again. hoping to go to best buy today and get a replacement (fingers crossed that they give me a band 2)

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The past week, my and randomly started turning off. So eventually I rebooted it and tried again, same issue.

I then fully charged it but didn't wear it, for two days until battery died ...it didn't turn off once. SO last night I decided to charge it again and try it turned off again.

So I've come to the conclusion that something wrong is happening when the two ends are in contact with each other but can't seem to figure it out.

I bought mine when I was in the US and now I'm in Beirut and there isn't much I can do here. There is a Microsoft HQ here but they're quite useless.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I had issues with my band back in October. I couldn't get it to charge. I happened to be in Oklahoma City and was able to get to the MS store they gave me a new and day before yesterday it turned itself off and when I turned it back on at 5% I got the charger to turn on but it wouldn't stay on I woke up yesterday and it was still at 5% so I switched to a wall mounted switch with usb slots and it charged up but it wont stay on now. I'm on windows 10 mobile with a new 950 for about three weeks now. I'm seriously thinking of switching to the Fitbit Alta or a vivosmart device from Garmin. With all the issues I've had with the Band 1 I'm leery about the Band 2. I want something that is less finicky when it needs to be charged. I'm tired of having to jiggle the band connector and use a q-tip on the connector and the connector on the band to get it to work! Why cant MS put a reliable first time every time charger on their product.

I wondered if it has something to do with windows 10 mobile, as when I was using insider editions on my Lumia 1520 the notes said there might be issues with the band 1 and the OS but when I upgraded I had no such issues I'm trying to charge up my first band1 and see if is still working. Will keep yall posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett