FitnessSyncer to link Band to HealthVault

willgill

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
While we wait for Microsoft to link Band to HealthVault.... has anyone tried using FitnessSyncer to accomplish this? Unfortunately you'd still have to use RunKeeper as a go between in addition to FitnessSyncer.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Would either of you mind explaining how you accomplish this, and what the results are? Does all band data make it to the healthvault?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
What I'm curious about is what happens when MS Health does sync with HealthVault. How will HealthVault handle the duplicate information arriving via two routes? Will it double your activity or see it as redundant?

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Would either of you mind explaining how you accomplish this, and what the results are? Does all band data make it to the healthvault?

Grab the fitness syncer app through Health Vault (on the Apps and Devices page). Then you set up 'cloud sources', in this case Runkeeper to sync to FitnessSyncer. Then you set up a 'destination task', in this case a sync to Health Vault. I know that exercise activities sync just fine. Not sure about sleep data, I just now set that up after realizing that it was a separate thing. You don't get step data, since that doesn't seem to flow into Runkeeper.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
What I'm curious about is what happens when MS Health does sync with HealthVault. How will HealthVault handle the duplicate information arriving via two routes? Will it double your activity or see it as redundant?

I don't know, but I suspect it will duplicate the data. My plan is just to break the Runkeeper to FitnessSyncer link once this takes place........if it ever takes place.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It took me a while to figure out all the steps, even though you laid them out for me (I'm tired!)... now to see if it's working. Of course, it won't get much data now at the end of the day, but hey tomorrow's a new day!

​Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6