Not happy after less than a month

Shadow_Shooter

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe I still have to toggle Watch mode to see when the battery is fully charged. How the heck am I supposed to know when the battery is charged without enabling a battery sucking feature? This is counter productive.

This device is definitely not supported well. Honestly compared to day 1, I'm less happy with my band. Sync issues are very prominent with my iPhone, weather, finance are always outdated. I've to force sync to have this data pushed to my band, which is obsoleting the purpose of having this device. I could instead check this all from my phone if everytime I've to force sync it when I need fresh data. Plus it never syncs the first time. I've to continuously press "sync" over and over again then all data is pushed to my phone.

Oh also the lack of web dashboard where I can check all my data? lol I'll either get Fitbit Charge HR or Apple Watch depending on price, battery life, etc.I tried really hard to like my band... I was against all people who were criticizing this in reviews. For me the problem wasn't the form factor, comfort or the looks. The lack of support... It's out there since October or so and only update that was pushed didn't resolve any of the problems or add any cool promised features. This is an unfinished product that we're paying $200 to beta test.

Sorry for the rant and hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you should get rid of your apple phone, I have a Android phone and the band works flawlessly 1st time I hit update it hooks up. When I sync with my windows computer and leave it plugged in to charge right on the screen it tells you what percentage it is at charge wise. maybe if your going to keep your apple phone get a apple watch.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe I still have to toggle Watch mode to see when the battery is fully charged. How the heck am I supposed to know when the battery is charged without enabling a battery sucking feature? This is counter productive.

Might you have OCD? does it really matter if its 100% or 90%, or thereabout? Just slide the initial display to the right and battery indicator shows, albeit without numerical value.

This device is definitely not supported well. Honestly compared to day 1, I'm less happy with my band. Sync issues are very prominent with my iPhone, weather, finance are always outdated. I've to force sync to have this data pushed to my band, which is obsoleting the purpose of having this device. I could instead check this all from my phone if everytime I've to force sync it when I need fresh data. Plus it never syncs the first time. I've to continuously press "sync" over and over again then all data is pushed to my phone.

The Band to iPhone sync is bit, not a lot, behind. Again, how urgent or important is it to be the latest value? I have found that its lags by few minutes, but once you open the MS Health app, it syncs and updates to current. I open the app after workouts and towards the end of the day. That's about it.

As for notifications, financial data??? really??? Why do you bother? unless you're looking at a index or few stocks, its meaningless on the Band. I don't bother with it. I push txt, email and notifications. I have weather turned on but I can't recall the last time I opened it.

As for the purpose of this device, I bought it for the fitness tracking, not "do all" device. My complaint is lack of full data availability via app or desktop, but not about pushed info from the phone. Also, MS needs to start doing something with all the other sensors in the Band. Like stress level detection would be nice. The sensor is already built in. Agree that support is lacking and lack of communication for things to come is poor.

Oh also the lack of web dashboard where I can check all my data? lol I'll either get Fitbit Charge HR or Apple Watch depending on price, battery life, etc.I tried really hard to like my band... I was against all people who were criticizing this in reviews. For me the problem wasn't the form factor, comfort or the looks. The lack of support... It's out there since October or so and only update that was pushed didn't resolve any of the problems or add any cool promised features. This is an unfinished product that we're paying $200 to beta test.

I'm going to buy my wife Charge HR in Plum color when become available. She hates the Band. Its too bulky and heavy, not to mention being too masculine and ugly for her. Hope it makes more data available than MS Health app. I find the Band bulky too but I knew that going in (tried it in the store and bought it still with the anticipation of having more sensor data available than other fitness bands)

I like analog, simple, thin metallic watch. Apple watch is anything but that. So, I have no interest in version 1 of Apple watch. Hope by version 3 or so, it will be thin and much more attractive than what's been shown today. So for now, I wear my regular watch on my left and Band on my right.

Good luck with whatever you end up with. I don't think there is a perfect device and my sense is that all the wearables are still version 1.0 for the most part. In couple of years, today's devices will all look like what cell phones used to look like not too long ago...

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Not every device available will meet everyone's needs. If you don't like it, that's fine. There some improvements that can be made and I fully expect MS to do that. For a first-gen product, it has been very well received and offers quite a bit of options. It will get better, but good grief, it will take some time to bring those improvements. You can't just slap another feature in, without testing it to ensure it doesn't break a current feature.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaving Windows Phone this week for iPhone. All I care about as far as notifications is text and email. Do those work well with ios?

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm leaving Windows Phone this week for iPhone. All I care about as far as notifications is text and email. Do those work well with ios?

Works for me so far, but I think we get far less options for each (messaging/email/etc.). It seems for iOS it's either sync or don't sync. But for me it works, haven't had any issues.... Yet...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786