In the press releases for the Band, the Band is described as a device that will send data to Healthvault for analysis by Azure based computational platforms, not unlike the IBM Watson system, to report trends/correlations and report meaningful insights to the user.

However, obviously the Health App and Band aren't currently transferring data anywhere in a cloud computing platform at least in any way that end users have access to see and work with the data.

Does this mean we're essentially just providing a test data set for them to optimize/validate key aspects of the platform?

It seems silly that we can't easily do something as simple as marking some life event/health change, health status, diet or exercise change and asking questions like - is my calory burn or heart rate higher/lower following the event? Do I get more restful sleep after changing my exercise schedule? Etc, etc.

Going through several intermediate steps e.g. Runtastic seems unnecessary and clunky, but there must be some reason this functionality isn't currently available.

I'm really hoping for tools that allow some real analysis beyond just looking at the long list in the activity history that currently exists in the app.

Anyone have any thoughts on where this is going? Would be a waste for MS to not flesh out the platform more fully after getting this far.
    01-15-2015 01:35 PM
    [The diagram on the MS Health website clearly shows it syncing with HealthVault. Why it doesn't and when it will come is anyone's guess.
    gadgetrants likes this.
    01-15-2015 05:15 PM
    Patience is a virtue, right?

Microsoft upgrades its Band fitness wearable with 12 new guided workouts | VentureBeat | Business | by Mark Sullivan

Microsoft also says its Health web application is still under development, but that itll have more updates on that in the coming weeks.
    ​-Matt
    01-16-2015 10:21 AM
    I know it's a long shot.... but maybe they will drop even just one Band announcement next Wednesday.... one can only hope....
    01-16-2015 10:37 AM
    Patience is a virtue, right?
    I've never claimed to be virtuous.

It's just they say it would do x from the day it was introduced and now 2.5 months later, it still can't do x.
    01-16-2015 12:12 PM
    I've never claimed to be virtuous.

It's just they say it would do x from the day it was introduced and now 2.5 months later, it still can't do x.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasn't saying "you/we should be patient." I meant instead "it sucks to wait." (Hence the wink.)

​-Matt
    01-16-2015 12:21 PM
    "it sucks to wait."
    qft.
    Therealeinn likes this.
    01-16-2015 02:36 PM
    qft.
    Oh my god, it's been so long since I've seen someone use QFT. It reminds me of my World of Warcraft days. Someone thought it meant "Quit F'in' Talking", which I subsequently believed to be the meaning, for a while until someone corrected me that it was "Quote For Truth" lol. Lots of embarrassing memories and much /facepalming was had...

Thank you for unknowingly making me bust out laughing for a good 5 minutes!
    01-19-2015 06:54 PM
    Oh my god, it's been so long since I've seen someone use QFT. It reminds me of my World of Warcraft days. Someone thought it meant "Quit F'in' Talking", which I subsequently believed to be the meaning, for a while until someone corrected me that it was "Quote For Truth" lol. Lots of embarrassing memories and much /facepalming was had...

Thank you for unknowingly making me bust out laughing for a good 5 minutes!
    Ah, that's a huge relief. I actually looked it up, muttering to myself, "...damn kids these days and their lolspeak..."

-Matt
    01-19-2015 09:12 PM
    "...damn kids these days and their lolspeak..."
    Let's just say I'm a lot older than your avatar looks. (But I do hang around some youngsters in other forums.)
    01-19-2015 10:48 PM
    Let's just say *I'M* a lot older than my avatar looks! But for better or worse, raising two teenagers seems to keep my vocabulary a bit more "with the times."

-Matt
    01-20-2015 06:54 AM