[BAND] Hard Reset?

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I switched to an iPhone and thought I could have the band on two phones but it all went south pretty quickly. Neither phone syncs with the band now. Unable to unregister from old phone. Tried a hard reset and now it's stuck on "your phone is paired go to the app" screen. But the phones are not paired.

Been stuck on that screen for a while. Wondering if there is a way to hard reset the band.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
As I stated, can't pair with either phone but registered with old phone, so not a possibility

The band does not need to be paired in order to unregister it from the app. As long as you can get to the app, click the band icon in the upper right, and then click on My Microsoft Band. There is a button on the bottom that says "unregister your band" Tap that and it should set it back to re-register it with the app. If it is not accessible with your new phone, you might want to stop in at a Microsoft store, or call the customer help line and ask them for assistance.

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I switch phones all the time. You know, because it's fun... 😉 I just switched back to the Icon today in fact.

All I do is un-pair from the current phone Bluetooth and re-pair with the other one. The only trouble I've noticed is that my Starbucks card won't automatically move with them, you have to manually put the number in each device. I've never unregistered in the Health app.

First:
Un-pair with current device

Second:
Pair with new device

Of course this assumes you are switching between devices with which you've already been using the Band.

If you can get to the settings tile in the band I'm sure you'll see it's still paired with the device you've just been using.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The band does not need to be paired in order to unregister it from the app. As long as you can get to the app, click the band icon in the upper right, and then click on My Microsoft Band. There is a button on the bottom that says "unregister your band" Tap that and it should set it back to re-register it with the app. .

You are incorrect.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I switch phones all the time. You know, because it's fun...  I just switched back to the Icon today in fact.

All I do is un-pair from the current phone Bluetooth and re-pair with the other one. The only trouble I've noticed is that my Starbucks card won't automatically move with them, you have to manually put the number in each device. I've never unregistered in the Health app.

First:
Un-pair with current device

Second:
Pair with new device

Of course this assumes you are switching between devices with which you've already been using the Band.

If you can get to the settings tile in the band I'm sure you'll see it's still paired with the device you've just been using.

Right. I know all that. It does not work, which I why I was asking about a hard reset.

It's paired with both phones and neither app functions with band, factory reset doesn't work, so hoping hard reset is the way out.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
According to this page: Reset your Microsoft Band | Microsoft Band factory reset unregistering is the first step, but since you doesn't seem to be working, these are the steps I'd try...

Did you remove it from your paired list in Bluetooth settings? Try a simple power cycle on both the band and phones? (starting with the simple stuff here...)

From there, I'd go with a hard reset of the band (holding both buttons until it power cycles). You'll have to connect the power cable to get it started up again.

If you still can't unregister, I'd go with deleting and reinstalling MS Health and a full factory reset of the band.

​Sounds like you did all of these things, but the order is probably important. Keep experimenting until you hit the right way... or maybe call MS support. I've seen other people saying they're very helpful and responsive.

Best of luck to you!

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I am not incorrect, this is exactly how I fixed the issue two weeks ago on my own band when I had an SD card failure. I was unable to maintain a Bluetooth connection with the band for longer than two seconds at a time. I unregistered the band through the app, did a hard reset on the band and re-registed, and re-paired the band to the phone and it works flawlessly now. Your best bet is now to contact Microsoft. You seem to be a bit harsh with those trying to help you with your issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo