No vibration. Hardware failure?

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I am going on three weeks with the band, It was going well till a couple days ago when I seem to notice the lack of vibration. For some reason the band stopped vibrating. There is no haptic when using it and no vibration for notifications and alarms. I have tried changing the haptic settings from off-high with no difference. I have search around the web, but I am not seeing anyone else with the issue. Any suggestions before do a return?

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Any chance you turned on Do-Not-Disturb accidentally? I tap it mistakenly pretty often when turning on/off Watch Mode...
Yes, I did go through all the settings to make sure I wasn't missing something at the user level. I have gone through everything I can find on the band and phone app. Even tried toggling all related settings. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

With the latest firmware update; do is vibrate when you go to charge the band?
Checking the charge vibration was my final verification that something was wrong before my original post. The band stopped vibrating even when plugging into the charger.

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: Called MS support. They were very helpful. I told them what I did and they skipped those troubleshooting steps and went straight to what I hadn't tried. After some diagnosis, the rep said she was stumped and consulted her manager. Apparently, they have only had a few cases, but it does happen. The vibration has failed and was considered a manufacturer defect. MS emailed a packing slip and will replace my band.

Very positive experience.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear it died on you, but that's great news about the replacement. MS is really on the ball with Band hardware support!

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: Yesterday I received my replacement band. It works. I have mixed feelings about the process. I am a little disappointed, but mostly for things that would be hard to argue over the phone.
CONS:
1. It took a few days before another Band was sent out. I expected a quicker delivery.
2. The Band they sent is a repair/refurb. The screen is in good condition but the surrounding plastic has wear marks and scratches. Not horrendous, but I expected something in nearly perfect condition, as I sent mine.
3. No replacement screen protector. I sent a band in with one, but couldn't get one back. If it wasn't a promotional freebee, I would persue a replacement.
4. Plain refurb box! I like to keep my original packaging for storage or resale value. Call me crazy, but most my nice electronics have original packaging sitting on a closet shelf.
PROS:
1. I got a free manufacturer replacement for a defective device, relatively hassle free.
2. My extended warranty is still intact and ready for a self inflicted exchange.
3. Support personnel were polite and very pleasant to deal with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb